View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 04:18 AM   #772
vicious_fishes
Scooby Guru

Member#: 158864
Vehicle:
2003 SOHC destroker

Yes but the gtx3071 is the way to go. It's the same principle as the gtx3576 but a step smaller. You know, more flow with the gt30 spool and hotside that doesn't choke anything. It's my alltime favourite "street" turbo. I'd love to see how the killer b headers do with it. As much as killer b have done well with this setup, IMO the 28 is the hotside you should be using with the gtx67 compressor wheel.

With gtx wheels, the way to go now is really just a smaller compressor wheel than the hotside originally came with in the gt series. so you have gtx3576 instead of gt3582, gtx3071 instead of gt3076, gtx2867 instead of gt2871, etc etc.

I contacted gcg turbo here in aus about mating a gtx 82mm compressor wheel with the gt40 hotside too and they said that it can be easily done with some machining and a few hundred dollars. I'm yet to see anyone do it but I imagine it would be beastly.

chris - I'm not sure if I asked you this already, but are there any plans to get your headers made with any cheaper material (stainless or whatever)?

If i was building an all-out track weapon these would be the way to go but for a general street guy that hits the track on occasion the inconel makes them wife-prohibited.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by vicious_fishes; 06-16-2017 at 04:26 AM.
vicious_fishes is offline   Reply With Quote