The Wazu
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 476023
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX
1997 Legacy Outback

Quote:
Originally Posted by subiXTnewbie View Post
First off let me say that this is a great thread with lots of good information and I appreciate the time it took to put together to help us all out.

About me. I am a total newbie who just got his first Subaru. I have a 2004 forester xt with a blown wrx turbo in it and I am looking for a replacement turbo. the car is stock for now so there is no mods or tuning done. My goal is to drive it this year as a daily driver and work out any/all kinks I find with it. once I have it running well and the suspension and brakes are setup I will being engine mods. The goal for this car is to be a fun car for the weekends with the family and camping and biking trips or car show/club meets.

My question is what is a good stock wrx turbo that I can put in to replace the current one? and where can I get a good deal on a new one?

thanks for all the help in advance.

You definitely have options.

You could always replace the turbo you have with a TD04HL. Itíll be a little bigger and be close enough so you wouldnít really need a tune.

However you could always do the famous, VF39,43,48 STI turbo swap. You can make great power with supporting mods. But it should be able to run on your stock engine fine with a proper tune.

So you can do a little more power or you can do decent power with tune.

Getting one isnít terrible.

Classifieds on here will have them, Craigslist from time to time, ebay will have used ones, car-part.com, heck even the dealerships, youíll pay a pretty penny though.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
The Wazu is offline   Reply With Quote