Scooby Newbie

Member#: 476023
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX
1997 Legacy Outback

Quote:
Originally Posted by star fox View Post
Hey all,

Total noob to turbos here. I've been reading the turbo faq thread, but obviously have tons to learn. I was hoping to get some direction from you folks with suggestions on my best options.

Car: 2016 sti

mods: FMIC, intake, killer b headers, perrin exhaust, grimmspeed boost control, 320 fuel pump, perrin fuel pressure regulator, 1000cc injectors, AOS. Don't think I'm missing anything else major.

I'd like to get more overall power, but would primarily like more power at the front end and faster spool. Not sure if it's possible to get both in one turbo. I'm not super concerned with power at the top end, but obviously would like more if possible, but my focus is more at lower gears.

I'm curious to see what you all think would be my best option here.

Thanks!

Hmmm looks like you have all the ingredients.

I would look into a twin scroll turbo. You get constant boost. Starting from low rpms to high.

Only downside is you’ll probably have to switch your header, uppipe, and down pipe to make it work. Could be worth it though.

Kinugawa offers a 20g twin scroll that is a beefed up vf37 I believe. Overall ratings for it seem rather nice.

Other than that you’ll be looking for a turbo with a lot of spool and quick. Ball bearing would be a good idea to consider as well. There are tons of turbo options for ball bearing turbos that can make any turbo spool fast for more acceleration.

I can do some digging on that kinugawa one. They have a lot of twin scroll options.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
The Wazu is offline   Reply With Quote