IowaRS
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 5385
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Base
Ice Silver

In reply to no-coast-punk and wac's posts:

WHAT?!?!?!?!?
Tap the BOV control in BEFORE the throttle body???
It will NEVER see vacuum before the throttle body, and vacuum in the BOV control line is what causes the BOV to open.
The transient that the BOV is trying to fight is closed throttle after WOT or large throttle openings. You get a bunch of air flowing at WOT and the turbo gets all spooled up and happy because the throttle plate is fully open.
When you slam the throttle shut (while shifting) all that flow comes to a very quick HALT. If the BOV doesn't blow there is a spike in the charge pipe/intercooler of pressure. This results in air trying to flow backwards into the turbo. The turbo no likey this.

No masking of issues going on here, this is cold hard facts.

My BOV works perfectly.
Fact is that if you tap the wastegate control into the manifold, at partial throttle the charge pipe/intercooler (anything pre throttle body) will be at a much higher pressure than what the wastegate is set at, period.

I'm just laying out the facts for the benefit of others, if you want to run the turbo at 15psi instead of 4.5psi go ahead.
Personally I don't want the turbo to push any more pressure than it absolutely has to.

The other fact is that driveability changed by 100%
I now have a nearly linear throttle instead of an ON/OFF switch for a gas pedal.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by IowaRS; 12-03-2003 at 11:25 AM.
IowaRS is offline   Reply With Quote