Member#: 309257
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2012 Imp 5D Prem CVT
Marine Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubsub View Post
thom: a few questions:

- how fast were the speeds on the 95% highway stretch?
- using A/C?
- how many people/cargo in the car?

- when was your car built and when did you take delivery?

i agree: unless you were driving over 75 and had a huge load with A/C? 30mpg is really very far off of EPA.

i have no real trips to compare, and i'm assuming my car, built in feb 2012 has the firmware updates, gets in the 29 range overall with mixed driving. when cruising at 65mph, i am guessing that i can probably get 40ish mpg based on the instantaneous readout and ECO gauge. i will definitely try to report back some real world highway only miles when i take a "test trip" to monterey next month (i have driven many cars on this route where i will drive 70mph on stretches with some 60mph stretches thrown in).
I
I find it fascinating that no one asks for all these details when someone slaps down a claim for unusually GOOD milage.
Details of most of the freeway mileage is in my previous post. Add to that a few 60 mph shorter freeway trips by my wife. I am quite happy with being able to hypermile 34.5 mpg with a CVT on a long freeway run by drafti.g a lot. But it takes very very little city driving to pull that mixed number down.
I do NOT consider going 45mph on light traffic roads to be "city", but thats just me.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
thom52 is offline   Reply With Quote