NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 198281
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slofouru View Post
I meant special as in the GEN2 not being in the drop down menu / price choices on the site, not special as in a huge deal for you to get.
Gotcha. We're stuck in summer/show season and need to get the website updated. It's on our list. Anything Garrett carries, we can get though

Quote:
Here is what my build consists of, and I need good information on how to achieve 500whp and almost as much in torque. The turbo is now the only option for me to decide on with your complete package. I am considering the GEN2 3576r, but what could I do with that "special" 3067r (GEN2?) The car will be driven several days a week to work and sometimes on trips. It is not a drag car, has more than oem options and will even have my adcom and image dynamics equipment back in eventually.

Around where are the limits of the 3067, with 93 pump fuel and e85? This will be tuned on a Dyno Dynamics dyno, not a dynojet.
Maz and I had similar results with the 3067, and everything he mentions about it, is spot on. If your big power goals are 500whp, this is not the turbo for you. If you want instant response or something that has the drivability of stock with a bunch more power, it's a great option. Discussing it might be a moot point because Garrett decided to drop it from the line. The GTX3067 is no more.

Quote:

-AEBS sleeved and o-ringed
-ARP 14mm head studs
-ARP case bolts
-Manley 8.5:1 pistons
-Manley I beam turbo tough rods
-Manly upgraded wrist pins
-OEM Nitrided crank
-Pinned mains
-Oiling mods to block
-11mm oil pump

-ej205 heads cnc'ed for 2.5 bore
-All ports cnc ported with Ken's program
-+1mm GSC valves and beehive springs
-GSC "stage 2" cams (no avcs)

ECU and peripherals:

-Haltech elite 1500
-Haltech alcohol sensor for E fuels
-walbro 450lph pump
-1500-?cc injectors, likely ID
-Radium top feed rails
-? brand crank pulley
-ACT street HD clutch (515ftlbs) and streetlite flywheel
I've never used aftermarket axles in any of our cars, but I don't 'launch' them either... OK maybe once in a while, but it's VERY rare. If you're going to launch the car and/or seriously drag race it's something to consider. The OEM axles will take quite a bit of abuse and a spare set of OEMs is a lot cheaper than aftermarket as well. Something to consider. If you're breaking axles, a handful of other driveline components is not going to be far behind.

If the car is a GD, ditch the 11mm pump. Extra parasitic loss, added heat to the oil, improved probability of aeration (even more so if you delete AVCS altogether), no improved flow through the engine vs a 10mm pump.

At these power levels, I'd ditch the head work and cams. Maz and I made similar power with the 3576 on pump, but I made a lot more on E85 (same tuner, same dyno, and mostly similar mods), with the biggest differences being the block (we use sleeves in EVERYTHING) and the headwork. Unless you're shooting for a good bit over 600whp it's unnecessary. Given the reliability issues that come with using cams, in my book it's a big no-no for anyone wanting to commute, travel, or use their car like a 'normal' person. My recommendation for the heads is to find someone that knows the right way to bowl blend, get some Ferrea OEM size valves, their lightest springs (still heavier than OEM) and run the OEM cams. AVCS is a valuable feature, especially when it comes to widening the power curve (for someone that knows how to tune it properly).

Fueling will really come down to which turbo you settle on and what fuel you want to hit your power goal with, so I won't touch that one... yet.

Back to the turbo, Gen I vs Gen II. While the Gen II promises great things, from what I'm seeing the turbos are spooling the same, but on these engines you can expect ~10% of an improvement. So with Roy and I being 460 and 450 respectively, on pump 93 with a Gen II 3576 I would expect that number to be closer to 500. Of course depending on supporting mods. If that 500whp power goal is for E85 only, then I would consider the GTX3071-R Gen II. It will come close to your 500whp goal on E85 and will be almost as responsive as OEM. It's a great turbo for bigger power without lag getting to a level that I start to consider bothersome. A lot of people will recommend the 3076, and it will make more power and get you over 500, but it comes with a decent bit more lag over the 3071... which is why I tend to push the 3576 for anyone considering the 3076 because the lag is very similar, but the 3576 will have much lower EGTs, more power on less boost, and MUCH higher power potential in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazNJ View Post
Gen 1 with the 3067 I was about 350 on 93 and 430 on e85 or so and on the gen 1 3576 I was 460 or so on 93 and 540 on e85. From what I've heard gen 2 has improved spool but not max hp so much.
My numbers for the 3067 were higher, but if my not completely senile old man memory serves me right, you were on snow tires at the time?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.