Scooby Newbie

Member#: 510671
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2006 WRX
Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp05obxt View Post
It may be possible to swap exhaust cams and cam gears to get rid of the issue. I am not sure dimensionally how these heads come pare to USDM heads. Early 207 heads were dimensionally different and required machining to align the cam sensors with the USDM cams to obviously work with the USDM ecu.

It may be possible to measure the old heads and cam location to figure out if the cam position sensor is in the same location. If they are the USDM cams and USDM gears should work. Just make sure the lash is adjusted for the new cams... so on so forth
I am planning to swap exhaust cam gears to stock WRX cam gears and plug the oil holes on my EJ20x cams. The previous owner of my car simply ran the EJ20X on the EJ255 with exhaust AVCS unplugged

I know the EJ20X/Y has a higher compression ratio that the EJ205 , 255 etc. I am using my EJ20X/Y heads to build a hybrid engine with an EJ257 forged short block. I am wondering if there is any difference in the EJ20X heads (eg. combustion chamber size) that gives them the higher compression ratio than the EJ205 head. Maybe someone here knows what component is different in the EJ20X to give it the higher compression ratio.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
sebastian323 is offline   Reply With Quote