Scooby Newbie

Member#: 309997
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2010 STI
Blick

This:

is NOT this:

One of those I would've paid cash for before it was even delivered off the truck. The other is a stopgap for another 10 years while the WRX becomes better and better. Can you guess which one?

Numerically give the WRX and STI round numbers, up to 100:

2004: WRX 60 STI 95
2007: WRX 80 STI 95
2010: WRX 85 STI 95
2015: WRX 95 STI 96

This is a generality, but you get the idea. The WRX keeps improving and improving, and the STI stays "stagnate". I cannot justify an extra $7000 for outdated drivetrains and "improved handling" for my stop and go traffic because it's a DD. Just because it has pink badges doesn't mean we're going to fall over each other buying this new one. I'd say about 90% of opinions on NASIOC right now are severe disappointment with the new STI. I own a 2010 STI and I was ready to drop everything to upgrade to the new one. At this point, after owning a Subaru in one form or another for 13 years (and sometimes 2, since my wife has a new XT), this new STI release has given me the wherewithall to go try out different cars. BMW M4, Lotus Exige, Golf R, or wait to see what happens with the new Toyota "Supra" or Kia Stinger. This should have never happened.

SoA, you are not Apple. Apple spends years upgrading their products to what the market is already at, and relies on market share to continue to make profits. They do not innovate at all. You need to show me why I should spend upwards of $40,000 on a car from you. It needs upgraded HP (320-340). It needs a new engine. It needs to turn heads going down the road instead of getting a 2nd look because a gawker thought it looked like a Honda Civic, Cobalt SS, or Lancer MR. Even though we're only 4% of your overall purchases, there are alot of us that buy the STI to have fun, and buy other cars in your lineup for practicality for our family (adding a Legacy or FXT for family, have fun in the STI on the weekends). At this point, I won't be the first one to leave the brand if something isn't done, and I won't be the last.

TL;DR Version: Innovation is key here, not market averages. This STI is not what the public wanted. At *all*.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Fade2black02 is offline   Reply With Quote