Scooby Newbie

Member#: 467769
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2018 STI Limited
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubiCrisp View Post
Went to my local NJ dealership as well and pre-ordered an STI Limited. I added the following options:

- Short Shifter
- Auto-dimming mirror with Homelink
- Cargo Net
- Cargo Tray
- Armrest extension
- Body side molding
- Bumper applique
- Wheel Locks
- Footwell illumination (Blue)
- Dome light LED upgrade
- Side Sill Plates

They initially priced at $41,858 and they dropped it down to $41,333 after I said another dealer quoted me with $500 below invoice (for reference, MSRP with the options chosen on the website comes to $43,638). This is of course before tax/fees/extended warranty, etc.

What was interesting from my experience was that as I tried to bring down the price to an even $41k, I asked if I removed a few of the options I could get to my preferred number. They said no, as it didn't work that way with options. I found this a bit strange, especially since some of these accessories are fairly pricey.

This is the first time I buy a brand new car and my first subi so not sure if this normal, if all Subaru dealerships follow the same method or simply my inexperience when it comes to buying new cars at the dealership. If it is the case that most options are included in the "predefined" price, maybe it can help folks get more options without inflating the price.
huh that's weird. Assuming that they actually placed a specific order for you I believe you can make modifications to addons for a few days/weeks. I did on mine anyway. Sounds like either the dealer is just trying to keep the price higher or already had the car on order with those options and are just allocating it to you.

Side note: if you can indeed make modifications to your order you may want to consider getting the armrest extension after the fact as the factory one replaces the matching alcantara top with a rubbery plastic one. Its an easy mode. Check out subbiespeed or one of the aftermarket sites.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
transmutation is offline   Reply With Quote