View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 12:21 PM   #26
skier55
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 505156

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrD View Post
I don't know - I'd probably give extraction a try since I have the tools to do so. If it didn't go easily, I'd have it brought to a shop. If you do get it out, you need to inventory the bits you have and make sure you have the whole sparkplug - you do not want to find out you are missing a chunk of insulator the hard way!
By insulator, do you mean the ceramic?
If so, I'm pretty confident I have gotten it all out since the top piece (in the first photo) was the first piece that came out. Then I used compressed air to remove any bits out while the bottom piece (in the first photo) was still in. Finally, I removed the bottom piece (in the first photo) with a magnet tool.

Photos at https://imgur.com/a/4ycXTpr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrD View Post
If the spark plug deformed/ovalized when it broke, it might not come out easily and could damage threads. On the plus side, it looks like the entire threaded section is there, and the deformed region would be at the top of the threads, so hopefully once it gets going it comes right out - if you lubricated the threads with some anti-seize before installation, there's an even better chance all will come out smoothly.
Yeah, I put some anti-seize before installation.

On another note, I thought with NGK's (at least genuine ones) you shouldn't put anti-seize.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
skier55 is offline   Reply With Quote