View Single Post
Old 12-17-2020, 05:04 PM   #494
ark1214
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 435064

Hey, I've been pouring over your post the last few days! Big thanks for posting it. Congrats on the new baby.

I'm coming from 2016 STI H/K Nav and switched over to an Idoing Android unit earlier in the summer but am not completely satisfied. While it has all the functionalities and looks beautiful, it is just too buggy. The unit is essentially useless without data (it's a pain to enable hotspot every time you get in the car and the wifi pickup/connect is slow). I even brought a data only SIM card so I wouldn't have to touch it before driving off. But the 4G only worked 70% of the time compared to the phone. Occasional reboots, app crashes, UI is terrible, can't play music over cable (bluetooth audio only) from iphone unless doing Carplay which is not reliable. I can go on and on, but I made my choice and decided to live with it with the limited driving anyways.

That was until I saw your post which has me wanting to do the same for the exact same reasons! I've even begin search for used 2019+ MAP unit and all the related components. So thank you for sharing your process. I was also kinda surprised that your post didn't get a lot of attention, but I guess a lot folks in this forum that want to replace the radio are doing it for the audio upgrade so they wouldn't be interested with the factory setup.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ark1214 is offline   Reply With Quote