View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004, 07:15 PM   #1
forsaken
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 50310
Default Detonation/Pinging after 30k Maintenance on 2002 WRX?

I just got my 30k maintenance done today. The problem is they finished it about 5 mins b4 the dealership closed. Now, when i drive my car, everything performs normal, boost is normal, no CELs, but when i put the car under light-medium throttle in any gear, i get a rattling noise, until i am WOT. It does seem to speed up as the throttle increases. But, it doesnt make the noise hwen the car is in neutral and i rev the engine up, nor during depressing the gas pedal.

Its not wastegate flutter because i already have that noise. This is completely different and being under boost doesnt seem to make a difference when this noise occurs. As soon as my car is under load and starts to go the noise starts, then it disappears when im high throttle or WOT. I almost want to say it sounds like how pinging is described, but not so clear cut as the descriptions ive read. IF anyone has any ideas as to what i can check before i take it back to the dealer tomorrow i would appreciate it. I Do have a stromung twin dump DP and a gutted stock uppipe, but i dont think anything they do under the 30k would/should be touched.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
forsaken is offline   Reply With Quote