View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 09:23 PM   #1
kenithzs
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 118270
Default Engine sputter at high RPM?

After about 15 minutes of hard driving at high RPM's, my '00 2.5RS will stall out at around 4500 RPM. It will then run as normal for a few minutes and then sputter out to the point where I cannot get it over 1500 RPM. Once the problem starts it snowballs until the car barely runs, Then I'll let it sit for about 5 minutes and it will run fine for five minutes and then sputter down to low RPM. The next day it will run strong for 15 minutes and then repeat. I pulled the code with the scantool program and it gave me P0463- Fuel Level Sensor High Input. The car was sitting still for a couple of years before I got it so I would not be surprised to find out that the sending units in the tank were hosed before this problem cropped up. If this error is the problem, could a fuel level sensor wreck things this badly?
Assuming that the error code was pre-existing, could these be the symptoms of a fuel pump/relay gone bad? I was thinking that perhaps it is extremly filthy injectors, but then again, why would it only occur after the car gets warmed up?

Thanks, any advice or info would be great.
-Ken
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
kenithzs is offline   Reply With Quote