View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 12:52 PM   #8240
MountainMan10
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 501522
Vehicle:
2019 WRX STI
Pearl White

My opinions are based on my experience in the alignment industry.

I worked with BMW designing a machine to measure ride height at their Dingolfing assembly plant. For final sign off of our machine we had to read ride height on a BMW 3 under different conditions and match their charts. We read it empty, with a driver, with a driver and a passenger, with 3 total passengers, with 4 and with 4 and a load in the trunk.

The difference in ride height from empty to full load was over 15mm. Variation from one car to another was about 2mm.

Just because one person does not have a rubbing issue they care about does not mean that you will not have a rubbing issue.

I went to Les Schwabb to see if they had wheels that were close to +55. They did not. The salesman told me, if you put wheels on the car that are +40 it WILL change the driving characteristics of the car. If you don't like the change, I don't care, because it was your choice to put aftermarket wheels on your car.

If you want to go with a wide stance and change the driving characteristics of your car, and you want to risk serious rubbing when you take your wife, friends and a full load in your trunk, that is your problem, not mine. Definitely do what you want.

Whatever you choose, it is your choice. If you don't like the results, it is your problem and your $3000 spent. Choose wisely.

I am done with this thread.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
MountainMan10 is offline   Reply With Quote