View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 09:50 PM   #1
czo79
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 6752
Default Grit/sand under paint, brand new impreza

Just bought a new 2019 impreza hatch. Had it a bit over a week and finally went to put something in the back and noticed that there seemed to be issues with the paint on the body under the hatch, between the hinges. It looks like there was sand or grit on the body when they applied the paint. Also the spray looks light in some areas, you can see grey metal around the hinges and in a couple spots around the grit. Bringing it back to the dealer tomorrow and have no clue what to expect. It's not in a particularly visible area, but I'm just worried about corrosion down the road if they don't do anything about it, and I'm worried about corrosion down the road if they have someone local fix it by sanding it out and respraying. Not sure if that's a legit concern, but I've definitely seen body shop paint that doesn't hold up nearly as well as even poor quality factory paint. I live in the north and they spray salt brine on the roads here and cars just rust to hell if you aren't really careful. Just feeling pretty bad about this. I could have gone to a dealer and bought a lemon law buyback at a steep discount if I wanted a defective car that had been repaired, but perhaps I'm overreacting. Any thoughts/suggestions/advice is welcome.
link to pics:
https://imgur.com/a/lkbPpdv
Thanks!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by czo79; 10-29-2019 at 10:04 PM.
czo79 is offline   Reply With Quote