Old 09-25-2012, 06:37 PM   #2
TommyAtomic
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 257043
Chapter/Region: VIC
Vehicle:
1993 JDM WRX Wagon
Black

I have a 93 wrx myself. Think logically. Its 19ish year old car. If its acting up start with basic maintenance.

Oil change
New plugs properly gapped
new fuel filter
clean MAF
clean the throttlebody
Clean battery terminals and have battery tested
check alternator voltage
clean up the factory grounds
check all vacuum lines for cracks or leaks
clean your crank sensor
check your coolant levels

Check the condition of your coilpacks. If they are original check for cracks and look into the coilpack upgrade.

I'll not argue the possibility that you have electrical issues made somehow worse by the installation of your sub. I can say no-one across teh internet can help you with a completely random electrical problem as well as an actual mechanic in person. How your car responds to basic maintenance will tell you alot about whats going on with your car when it acts up without a CEL.

If you installed a big amp or sub with alot of power draw it may have damaged your battery or alternator. Most audiophiles do whats called the big3 upgrade which is basically a replacement large gauge (like 0) an additional large gauge (like 4) power cable from the battery to the alternator as well as additional large gauge grounds running to the battery, chassis and engine. This reduces electrical resistance and decreases strain on your battery and alternator.

All of that is a maybe, conditional on the maintenance level of your vehicle
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
TommyAtomic is offline   Reply With Quote