Merci Buckets

Member#: 88606
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2016 Cayman GTS
Dark Blue Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaov2k View Post
So kns for brake stuff?! Got it... Ty guys!

Any recommendations on fluid? I heard motul is good...

I'm also getting ss lines and the xp8's... Stock rotors...

This is for first time autox in the next few weeks...
I've used Motul and ATE SuperBlue. Never noticed a difference between them, but I did mostly autocross and one or two track days. Unless you are doing a lot of hard driving I think you'd be find just using the cheap bottles of high-temp fluid from the autoparts store, and simply flush it more often. The advantage to using the SuperBlue is the color. You know when you've flushed the lines.

If you're just going to autocross then I wouldn't bother with the XP8's you'll never get them hot enough for best performance at an autocross. You'll have to drag the brakes to the starting line to get them warm and it may take 2 or 3 corners before they build any heat. When you're done with your run you'll sit in grid for a few minutes waiting and they'll cool off. Autocross is almost the perfect application for the Stoptech Street Performance pads. Better initial bite and better overall friction than OEM pads while still having a relatively good temperature range so they'll work when cold at an autocross.

For autocross I usually ran Carbotech Bobcats. I think they've renamed them now. I also used the BHP XPS pads, but they were discontinued and I don't know if they were ever available for stock brakes. I was running a Stoptech BBK at the time.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Scooby921 is offline   Reply With Quote