Old 10-05-2010, 10:05 PM   #1
choleaoum
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 255484
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2010 EVO
2002 WRX

Default Wierd noise caused when MAF is plugged in..

Hey guys, just changed out my tgv gaskets, and intake manifold gaskets and now I put the manifold back on. It's making a WIERD clicking noise it sounds like its traveling along the manifold. I highly doubt theres a bolt inside the manifold because it would have bent the valve by now.. the throttle body is clean, tmic is clean.. turbo manifold was cleaned. Before I changed the manifold, I made sure to tape all the open holes shut.

Here's the noise, sorry if I was talking too much just aggrovated with the damn car.

Note: I have reason to believe that I have routed the vacuum lines wrong, can someone give me a diagram? The blow off valve seems to be blowing off into my intake? I'm not sure.. but the BOV wasn't going off. (the video might show it's unhooked, but it wasn't working still)

Symptoms: Bad idle, jumps from 800, 300, 1500, 2000 and etc. If I suddenly rev the engine around 5k and let off the gas, it will just shut off. There's fuel and stuff too, there are two hoses that aren't connected and they are on the throttle body, can anyone tell me where those would go?

Note: I also posted this in the Factory 2.0 section but I think I would find better help here.

UPDATE 10/6/2010: So I discovered that whenever I plug the MAF in it sounds like the throttle body clicks? I think it's the butterfly valve shuttering or something I'm not even sure. The idle stays stable when the MAF is disconnected, but drops and dies when i plug it back in. I tried cleaning it, no go.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by choleaoum; 10-07-2010 at 02:00 AM.
choleaoum is offline   Reply With Quote