cmiovino
Scooby Guru

Member#: 134005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Premium
PSM

Default A/S "Performance" Tires

Ok, I just got 16x6.5" WRX wheels for my L. Keep in mind I have a 140HP and not 200+ like WRXs. I drive 40-60 MPH sprinted on backroads in the summer/fall... that's about the max I push them too.

I live in Pittsburgh where it snows about 3-4 months out of the year. Most of the time we only have about two major snowfalls and mainly just light snow during those months.

I'm going with 205/55/16 probably.

I'm thinking about Kumho Ecsta ASX or the ContiExtremeContacts.

After reading tons and tons of reviews... the Kuhmos work good in the dry and wet, but are not good in the winter so much. They will get you around, but not good.

The Conti's on the other hand do very well for an all season in the winter, but are not great in the dry. The sidewalls are soft and people say this is cured by running them at 40+ PSI. The more aggressive tread leads to decreased gas mileage too from rolling resistance.

Hmmmmmm. So what should I get? Any others I should look more into? I've looked at Fuzion HRIs and some others too. Ultimately, Pirelli PZero M+S are probably the best, but are $120 compared to around $70-80 of the ones listed above.

My price range is $70-90 each.

Please help out, I've done a ton of reseach on these.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
cmiovino is offline   Reply With Quote