Scooby Newbie

Member#: 35985
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
20 Supra
16 Jeep Wrangler Unltd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAndFound View Post
Has anyone seen the car in person, or driven one of these yet? Better yet has anyone gone from a full size pickup to one of these small trucks? Price seems right, but I'm ultimately concerned the small bed will drive me crazy and constantly limit me.

My Single cab 8' bed part time work truck is getting old, but still running alright. Its time for a 4 door soon so I can put the kids seats in the truck rather than swapping vehicles all the time, but also having a vehicle that my wife can also drive seems to make sense so we can get rid of an extra car. She won't drive the current truck and a 4 door/6' bed is still too big. Used car market is wild right now, so the 4 door Maverick recently popped on my radar and I started considering one.

The price sounds great and I'd like to consider the base $20k model, but that damn tiny bed. While the Maverick can transport a 4x8 sheet, 10' piece of lumber is probably really pushing it and needs a counter weight. I'd definitely have to get some sort of back rack for a ladder/extra vertical storage capacity. I never really tow, but thought I could pickup/rent a trailer if need be, but the tow rating seems pretty low.

I'm so torn.
Well you're too late. Ford announced today they were shutting down orders of the Maverick due to overwhelming demand.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ford-sh...d=hp_lead_pos2

Who woulda thunk there'd be high demand for a practical, affordable, gas sipping vehicle!!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
legacy_etu is offline   Reply With Quote