Tire & Wheel Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack
|08-03-2005, 09:27 PM||#1|
Join Date: May 2005
Location: South JerseyVehicle:
2003 WRX Wagon
I eat rice...Its good 4 u
Kuhmo vs. Hankook vs. Falken
Alright everyone... I'm about to start an all out tire war thread. First, let me say I've already done the required prerequisite newbie searches out the yinyang, but I need current input / opinions to help me make my tire decision.
That said, I have an '02 WRX Wagon that is my daily driver, but I also autox about once a month. I run in DS and plan to remain there because I don't really want to do any major mods to the car. However, after getting about a half dozen events under my belt, I'm getting a little tired of guys with DOT race tires beatin' me by a few tenths of a second. So, I did my NASIOC homework, and my new front sway bar and end links are on the way. Once that is installed, the next step is tires, and I have multiple questions:
1) Size: In DS I have to run the stock 16 x 6.5 wheels. However, I would like to run a wider tire than the stock 205's. Lookin for any input from anyone out there running 215's or 225's on stock rims for fitment / clearance / etc.
2) Brand: I've kinda narrowed it down to the following tires (but I am certainly open to suggestions):
- Falken Azenis Sports - Obviously tried and true in the autox ranks, but size variety and availability seem to be a problem. Looks like there are still a few vendors out there with the stock 205/50's, and even a few with 215/45's. Anyone out there running the 215/45's on stock size wheels?
- Hankook Ventus RS2 Z212: I've read some good things about these, and it looks like they are available in a 205/50, 225/55 as well as 215/45. I would love to hear from anyone running any of these sizes on stock wheels.
- Kumho Ecsta MX: Also tried and true. Also available in multiple sizes.
- Kumho Ecsta Supra 712: New kid on the block?? I've read some good things. Supposedly a good wet tire? Again, available in multiple sizes.
I have a spare set of wheels, and I don't mind running the stock Potenza's on a daily basis, so tread wear is really not a concern as I will probably just change to the performance tire for autox day and the occasional "I wanna have some fun" day.
Of course, once the tire decision is made and installed, the alignment shop will be the next stop.
LET THE WAR BEGIN!!!!
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Falken FK452 vs. Hankook v12 Evo...I want 595 rsr but that's not happening.||motocooney||Tire & Wheel||24||04-27-2010 08:21 PM|
|RE070's vs Old azenis sport vs RT-615 vs hankooks||scobaru||Tire & Wheel||5||09-06-2005 03:57 PM|
|kuhmo ecsta MX vs. falken azenis||lettucemanatee||Tire & Wheel||10||07-30-2004 07:23 PM|
|Kuhmo vs Pirelli vs Yokohama Vs Falken||Jair||Alaskan Impreza Club Forum -- AKIC||12||06-23-2004 04:03 AM|
|Kuhmo 712's vs RE730's vs RE71's||jagcars26||Brakes, Steering & Suspension||17||02-02-2001 10:18 AM|