Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday April 24, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2001, 05:14 PM   #1
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 6644
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Vancouver, B.C., Canada
2000 2.5 RS
Blue Ridge Pearl

Unhappy Engine Overheat, CE light problem

Hi there, first post so far, never needed to post anything coz the search function worked pretty well. I'm posting because I'm having a little trouble with my car this morning. MY00 RS went overheated yesterday, coolant tank was a little higher than full and my gauge told me the engine went overheated. I proceeded to check the fluids that's in the diffuser/radiator. May be I was stupid, opened the cap before the engine cooled down and the coolant shot up like 3 feet high (luckily I didn't get burnt!) The coolant was everywhere in my engine compartment and I wiped whatever I could but left some that was around the radiator. Filled the thing back with water and everything went fine, no more overheating. The excess coolant that was in the compartment evaporated eventually and when I was driving my car today, my CE light went off. I can hear some leaking sound from my radiator cap, so I tightened it again and also checked my engine oil. It was far lower than the "Low" line and I filled it up. Still got the CE light going. My question here is. What would be the cause of the CE light?
1. Engine overheated and needed service?
2. Coolant evaporated and damaged my intake?
3. Recall for 00 RS for O2 sensor?
4. New exhaust with an ECU reset?
5. My car had an accident and valves was totally replaced and had my engine repair, could that be the repairing guys' problem?

I'm still covered by the repair shop for another 6 months or so, should I send my car to the repair guys or go to the dealer first?

Please help me out, Thanks.
Piusma is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone changed high-flow cat without CE light problem? tabolau Normally Aspirated Powertrain 1 06-07-2001 08:24 PM
CE light problem please help me! ac_gohan Bay Area Impreza Club Forum -- BAIC 15 02-10-2001 10:56 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2017 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.