|08-27-2012, 10:45 PM||#1|
Magic 8 ball says Ban
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Houston Underground GraphicsVehicle:
Big Event 4 with Dave Mirra & Bucky Lasek - Oct. 13 - presented by Gillman Subaru SW
Here we go again!!
Everyone is invited, ...HOU, DAL, SA, ATX, ...all of TXIC, (and more).
The BIG EVENT 4 presented by Gillman Subaru SW
(1) Special Appearances by Subaru PUMA RallyCross Drivers Dave Mirra & Bucky Lasek:
Best know for his skills on a skateboard, 12-time X Games Skateboard Vert medalist Bucky Lasek began his journey into racing on a shifter kart at his local California track, Moran Raceway.
Soon thereafter, Lasek began driving training at Miller Motorsports park in Tooele, Utah. Consequent racing exposure includes the Skip Barber Racing and Team O'Neil Rally schools, MMRP Mustang Challenge Series, Porsche Cup races, and an intensive rally training regimen at the DirtFish Rally School on Snoqualmie, Washington.
Mirra became a pro BMX rider in 1992 and holds the records for winning the most total X Games medals as well as the most Gold medals. He is one of the world's best known action sports athletes and is credited with bringing freestyle BMX into the mainstream.
Mirra completed a test and training program with SRT USA in late 2007 and ran half of the 2008 Rally America National Championship, earning 2008 Rookie of the Year honors. He impressed everyone in his rally debut at X Games 14, where he earned a Bronze medal after beating top 2 North American drivers in head-to-head heats.
Competing for SRT USA, Mirra added more driving experience in the Rally America National Championship (2009-2011) and rallycross (2010-2011) to his resume. He finished 4th overall for the season in Rally America, and, while competing at summer X Games 17, he narrowly missed a podium finish. He also competed in two 2012 GRC events, garnering 4th and 6th place finishes.
Bucky Lasek and Dave Mirra will be at the event from:
10:00-11:30 & 12:00-1:30 (tentative times)
Don't forget your Sharpie and any memorabilia you'd like autographed. (we will have lots of goodies as well)
(2) Shop Day:
Rules and Registration:
- There will be a required $20 payment to Gillman for using their bays. With this fee you will get two bands and one t-shirt. One band is for you and one for a passenger.
- If you are going to be in the shop you are required to have a band.
- If you are not working on a car, but want to be in the shop you will need to pay $5 for a band.
- No one under 13 will be allowed in the shop area.
- We are doing this to keep the shop area a little less congested for everyone’s safety.
- No open toed shoes, flip flops, or sandals.
- There is a 2 hour maximum per car per shop bay. If you run over the 2 hour maximum, you will be charged an additional $20, plan your time accordingly.
- The money collected for working on your car, and entry into the shop will help to offset the additional required safety equipment, and other needs for the day.
Shop Day Registration & info thread:
(3) Car Show
We have many of Houston's local teams bringing a selection of their cars, as well as a "Subaru" only area and awards, including special award presented. This year’s event will have a Subaru car show and "Open" class show for non-Subarus. All cars pre-refgistered will receive an event shirt and Subaru goodie bag.
Best Impreza 97-01
Best Impreza 02-03
Best Impreza 04-05
Best Impreza 06-07
Best Impreza 08+
Best Other (Forester, Outback, Tribeca, Brat/Baja, etc...)
Best Subaru (overall)
Bucky Lasek's Pick
Dave Mirra's Pick
Open Class Street (1st & 2nd)
Open Class Mild (1st & 2nd)
Best of Show (Open Class)
7:00am - 9:00am Registration and load in
9:00am - 2:30pm A whole bunch of stuff (will be updated as needed)
3:00pm Awards Ceremony
Car Show Pre-Registration Thread:
With last years count of cars, we'd like to shoot for 40-50 Subarus in addition to the mix of other reserved tuner cars. All entries will receive a free goodie bag including an Event T-shirt.
To reserve your spot, please post in the above thread AND PM JohnP or glilly.
And be on the look-out for these two SEMA cars to be featured at the Big Event as well!
(4) 2013 Subaru XV CrossTrek debut:
The all new 2013 Subaru BRZ will be on hand. Take a seat, take a pic, place your order.
(5) Sponsors, Vendors and Services:
- COBB Tuning
- Photographic Tendencies
- Underground Graphics
- Mayday Garage
- DWS Parts
- Pearland BMX
- Vermont Sports Car
- Greenway / Blacksmith coffee
- Royal Purple
- Backside Five
- Monster Energy
Please contact Wally direct at 713-446-1415 for sponsor/vendor opportunities.
- Local BBQ will be on hand to provide food.
- Raffle drawings and giveaways will be done throughout the day.
(7) Special pricing on Subaru parts:
- 20% of one day only at the Subaru Parts counter, Call now to order for shop day pick up and still receive the promotional discount.
Saturday, October 13, 2012 (in case you missed it above)
8:00am - 3:00pm
Gillman Subaru SW
10575 W. Sam Houston Pkwy. South
Houston, TX 77099
Google map: 10575 W. Sam Houston Pkwy. South, 77099 - Google Maps
Last edited by Nick; 10-08-2012 at 02:09 PM.