Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday February 21, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #376
sexyyrex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 128022
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Danbury, CT
Vehicle:
2015 Mustang GT
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
It does look pretty similar! CXR550 is rated at 52lb/min vs. 56lb/min for the GTX3071 compressor. I didn't see any wheel dimensions listed for the CXR turbo's, so I'm not too sure how the dimensions compare. I think this turbo could do 400WHP on pump. Hopefully a bit more on E85.
Guess that would depend on the dyno. Car made 401 on e85 with just injectors, fuel pump and TBE, stock inlet, stock top mount, stock intake, stock header/up pipe on a dyno jet, all on 22 psi.

I think it did around 440whp on 24 psi, fmic, intake, TBE, 2.4" inlet on the same dyno.

Car did 380whp with full bolt ons, FP Red, 3" inlet, fmic, header, and conserative tune on 22 psi on 93 on a mustang, and 471whp on 26 psi on e85, again, mustang dyno.

Regardless, she should make good power and be quick for such a little car.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
sexyyrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #377
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX - 750WHP
9.5s @ 150mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyyrex View Post
Guess that would depend on the dyno. Car made 401 on e85 with just injectors, fuel pump and TBE, stock inlet, stock top mount, stock intake, stock header/up pipe on a dyno jet, all on 22 psi.

I think it did around 440whp on 24 psi, fmic, intake, TBE, 2.4" inlet on the same dyno.

Car did 380whp with full bolt ons, FP Red, 3" inlet, fmic, header, and conserative tune on 22 psi on 93 on a mustang, and 471whp on 26 psi on e85, again, mustang dyno.

Regardless, she should make good power and be quick for such a little car.
Are these numbers Dynojet or Mustang? You mention both.

My 2011 WRX with 20G XTR (47lb/min) made 462WHP/492WTQ on the local Dynojet. That was on E85 at 28psi peak tapering to 25psi. Compared to this car the mods were pretty similar. The 2011 did have an EWG and FMIC, but it was still on the stock catback and stock cams.

Realistically, I hope this new turbo would do at least that much power if the boost is cranked to similar levels. The internal wastegate and TMIC may limit top end a bit, but I still think it should do pretty well. The slightly more aggressive cams should help.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #378
CJ12
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 202539
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
02 WRX MBP 6SPD
94 LandCruiser/84 NH 650

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
Yep. Sure am.

Oh?? When do you plan to do so?

Probably already a line of people waiting haha

Last edited by CJ12; 11-08-2013 at 02:28 PM.
CJ12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #379
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX - 750WHP
9.5s @ 150mph

Default

Sold it pretty much instantly after posting that. Lol.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #380
CJ12
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 202539
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
02 WRX MBP 6SPD
94 LandCruiser/84 NH 650

Default

Damn it, figured as much. They're still fairly easy to come by though. Might as well just put the money towards next year's power goals.
CJ12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #381
sexyyrex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 128022
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Danbury, CT
Vehicle:
2015 Mustang GT
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
Are these numbers Dynojet or Mustang? You mention both. My 2011 WRX with 20G XTR (47lb/min) made 462WHP/492WTQ on the local Dynojet. That was on E85 at 28psi peak tapering to 25psi. Compared to this car the mods were pretty similar. The 2011 did have an EWG and FMIC, but it was still on the stock catback and stock cams. Realistically, I hope this new turbo would do at least that much power if the boost is cranked to similar levels. The internal wastegate and TMIC may limit top end a bit, but I still think it should do pretty well. The slightly more aggressive cams should help.
Two different setups, two different dynos, CXR550 setup was tuned on the dyno jet, FP red was tuned on the mustang. I couldn't believe how inflated the dyno jet numbers were over the mustang. 400whp on the dyno jet felt only a little more powerful over my stage 2 car. 380whp on the mustang feels real strong, and 471whp on the mustang on e85 feels like a complete beast.

The cams will definitely help mid range and top end for sure. I remember following your '11 WRX build. Real excited to see what this one turns into.
sexyyrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #382
blk05wrx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 180559
Join Date: May 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Arlington Heights, IL
Vehicle:
2016 WRX STi Limited
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
Sold it pretty much instantly after posting that. Lol.
Sold to me! I asked a few pages ago when I saw the motor was coming out.
blk05wrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #383
toph
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 78640
Join Date: Jan 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
19 Tundra
04 STi

Default

I'm wondering where you got the Grimmspeed hose that runs from the inlet under the throttle body to the BPV? I searched Importimage's page and couldn't find it.
toph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #384
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX - 750WHP
9.5s @ 150mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toph View Post
I'm wondering where you got the Grimmspeed hose that runs from the inlet under the throttle body to the BPV? I searched Importimage's page and couldn't find it.
I believe it is fairly new. They only sell it as a full kit. Here is the link.

http://www.grimmspeed.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id=265
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #385
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX - 750WHP
9.5s @ 150mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ12 View Post
Damn it, figured as much. They're still fairly easy to come by though. Might as well just put the money towards next year's power goals.
Yep there are still plenty of the around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyyrex View Post
Two different setups, two different dynos, CXR550 setup was tuned on the dyno jet, FP red was tuned on the mustang. I couldn't believe how inflated the dyno jet numbers were over the mustang. 400whp on the dyno jet felt only a little more powerful over my stage 2 car. 380whp on the mustang feels real strong, and 471whp on the mustang on e85 feels like a complete beast.

The cams will definitely help mid range and top end for sure. I remember following your '11 WRX build. Real excited to see what this one turns into.
My stock turbo did 340WHP on Dynojet. My 20GXTR did 390WHP at 22psi on Mustang and then 460WHP at 28psi on Dynojet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk05wrx View Post
Sold to me! I asked a few pages ago when I saw the motor was coming out.
Yep it went fast! Thanks!
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:12 PM   #386
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX - 750WHP
9.5s @ 150mph

Default

Photos from last night. Got the intake manifold on and dropped the motor in! Still a bunch of little things to do, but it's getting a lot closer!

Longblock all together.


ACT HD with unsprung 4 puck disk.


Ready.


Real tools.


Ready to go in.


Didn't trust the straps so we dropped it in by hand.


Safely in place.


More things attached.


Cleaning up wiring. MapDCCD, VSSPro, Wideband AFR, Boost, Oil Pressure.


Also changed the PS/alternator belt on my brother's car. Easy fix for a loud squeal he had.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:37 PM   #387
Ultimateone
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 48025
Join Date: Nov 2003
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: By the Ocean, MA
Vehicle:
17 BMW M2
AW

Default

damn getting closer
Ultimateone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:08 PM   #388
manitou
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 193757
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cedar, MI HP Techs MPS-SSLR2.5
Vehicle:
2006 XTI Limited
OBP, Junior tuned 573WHP

Default

Is that the bugeye garage?

Looking good! I hope you didn't teak your back with the motor install! Funny pic!
manitou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:17 AM   #389
OMG Turbo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 370022
Join Date: Oct 2013
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
Vehicle:
2003 WRX Impreza
Platinum Silver

Default

I really like that sonic yellow on the bugeye. The build is coming along nicely and it is fun to see progress on it. Keep it up!
OMG Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #390
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX - 750WHP
9.5s @ 150mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimateone View Post
damn getting closer
Slowly, but surely it's getting there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manitou View Post
Is that the bugeye garage?

Looking good! I hope you didn't teak your back with the motor install! Funny pic!
Yolo is the one under the motor. He's got a pretty fast Bugeye too

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2564389

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG Turbo View Post
I really like that sonic yellow on the bugeye. The build is coming along nicely and it is fun to see progress on it. Keep it up!
Thanks!
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #391
manitou
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 193757
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cedar, MI HP Techs MPS-SSLR2.5
Vehicle:
2006 XTI Limited
OBP, Junior tuned 573WHP

Default

Thanks for the link. It's a beauty wagon! I like! I hope Yolo's back is good! He does look like a sturdy lad!
manitou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:05 AM   #392
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX - 750WHP
9.5s @ 150mph

Default

Last night I put on the driveshaft, downpipe, exhaust, coolant overflow, windshield washer fluid, boost controller lines, turbo coolant lines, moved intake manifold grounds (due to plastic TGV's), and connected the head-to-chassis grounds.

I think these are the only things I have left: TMIC, FPR, alternator bracket and alternator, hood, wheels, oil change, coolant fill and burp, and tuning. I am still waiting on the FPR and alternator bracket, but hopefully they arrive soon and I can get to work.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:36 PM   #393
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX - 750WHP
9.5s @ 150mph

Default

Engine:
  • OEM 2012 STI 2.5L Case
  • OEM 2012 STI Heads
  • OEM STI Nitrided Crank
  • OEM STI 11mm Oil Pump
  • OEM STI Gasket Set
  • CP 99.75mm 8.2:1 Pistons
  • Manley Turbo Tuff I Beam Rods
  • ACL Rod and Main Bearings
  • ARP Head Studs
  • GSC S1 Camshafts
  • GSC Beehive Springs w/Retainers
  • GSC Valve Seals
  • Torque Solution Motor Mounts
Intake/Exhaust/Fuel:
  • GrimmSpeed CrossPipe
  • GrimmSpeed Uppipe
  • GrimmSpeed Downpipe
  • Perrin CatBack Exhaust
  • TD06SL2-5371 Turbo
  • GrimmSpeed Gaskets
  • GrimmSpeed TMIC w/Gold Tape
  • GrimmSpeed TMIC Splitter
  • GrimmSpeed Y-Pipe Kit
  • GrimmSpeed MBC
  • 04 STI Fuel Pump Hanger
  • Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
  • ID2000cc Injectors
  • TurboSmart FPR
Drivetrain/Transmission
  • OEM 2012 STI 6MT
  • OEM 2004 STI Driveshaft
  • OEM STI R180 Rear Diff Flange
  • Anarchy Motive Shift Knob
  • Kartboy Short Shifter
  • Kartboy Front Shifter Bushings
  • Karboy Rear Shifter Bushings
  • Torque Solution Tranny Mount
  • Torque Solution Pitch Stop Mount
  • ACT HD Pressure Plate
  • ACT 4 Puck Unsprung Disk
Suspension/Wheels:
  • OEM 2002 WRX Wheels
  • 04 STI Struts
  • 04 STI Springs
Interior/Electronics:
  • MapDCCD
  • VSSPro
  • ProSport EVO Boost Gauge
  • ProSport EVO Oil Pressure Gauge
  • Innovative LC1 Wideband O2 Gauge
  • Odyssey Slim Battery
Exterior:
  • Installed OEM Hood Scoop
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:19 PM   #394
OMG Turbo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 370022
Join Date: Oct 2013
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
Vehicle:
2003 WRX Impreza
Platinum Silver

Default

Quite the list
OMG Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:49 PM   #395
02_Bugeye_Life
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 373172
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Va beach
Vehicle:
2002 Wrx
Rally sport blue

Default

Looks like a fun build man, and yeah that's quite a list there sir lol
02_Bugeye_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #396
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX - 750WHP
9.5s @ 150mph

Default

Well, it turns out I ordered the wrong fittings for the FPR, so the car won't be done this weekend Hopefully the parts arrive sometime next week and I can get it finished then. Crossing my fingers there won't be any major issues
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:30 PM   #397
Lrn2Corner
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 246224
Join Date: May 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Chesapeake
Vehicle:
2018 Type RA 271/500
CWP

Default

Damn, for a moment before i read your mod list I honeslty thought you managed to salvage the custom 6 spd you made for your hatch and put it in the bugeye. Any plans to do that same mod to get rid of the crap 5th and 6th gear ratios?

As always though, masterfully done Ben.
Lrn2Corner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #398
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX - 750WHP
9.5s @ 150mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrn2Corner View Post
Damn, for a moment before i read your mod list I honeslty thought you managed to salvage the custom 6 spd you made for your hatch and put it in the bugeye. Any plans to do that same mod to get rid of the crap 5th and 6th gear ratios?

As always though, masterfully done Ben.
Thanks. No this is just a stock 2012 6MT. It has the long 1-4 so that should be OK for drag. 4th at 9k does 140mph. I won't rev that high but it should still be plenty fast for now. The tall 5th and 6th are more for improved cruising. That's not a huge deal to me with this car.

Someone locally was actually looking to trade my 2012 STI 6MT for one that he had just put all new synchros and the Spec B gears into. I didn't want to spend the $1000 he wanted for it (on top of the trade).
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #399
bicycle_wreck
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 226331
Join Date: Oct 2009
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Knoxville, TN
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Hatch
Dirty Smurf

Default

Glad you're making some good progress! That little Bug Eye is going to surprise some people. "What was THAT!?"

Cheers.
bicycle_wreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:39 PM   #400
quizno73
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 299835
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Minnesota
Vehicle:
2002 wrx wagon
Midnight pearl blue

Default

lol i like my beer & bacon & my slow lesbian wagon :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by manitou View Post
Thanks for the link. It's a beauty wagon! I like! I hope Yolo's back is good! He does look like a sturdy lad!
quizno73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2020 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.