Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday February 18, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2017, 02:11 PM   #651
Zee Biker
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 166005
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Northern 'Burbs
Vehicle:
2005 Saab 92x
Beaten Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigs90 View Post
So Gridlife round 5 didn’t go so well as I got sick with what we are calling ” superaids” leading me to drive home Saturday around 2pm and sleep for around 14 hours. As of today I am still not 100% back to feeling normal but I am getting there.

Gridlife was fun for the short time I was there , the first session at 9am and a ton of standing water so that means skids. Unfortunately I am an idiot and forgot my SD cards as they are sitting at my computer so I had no onboard video of said skids. Oh I also dropped a tire and spun out at turn 2 on Gingerman due to getting too cocky with my ken block inspired drifting.

Future plans are looking a lot like time attack in Gridlife’s street car class with some 255 RE71Rs So I can chase Dewey and my friend Max.

Other winter plans are as follows
  • Rebuild the Ohlins coilovers and possibly have them revalved
  • Put the interior back in the car
  • Install sound deadening products all over the car
  • Upgrade the horrible oem speakers for louder Eurobeat
  • Acquire another set of 17×9 wheels , I am thinking 17×9 +49 Wedsport TC105n
  • Install a surge tank / Radium solution to fix fuel starvation issues
  • Spec C roof vent
  • Have the car re calibrated on carberry flex fuel
  • Maybe a 2015 STi steering rack ?
  • Maybe a moroso oil pan ?
  • Save for a house or Condo
  • Sleep a lot
Who are you having rebuild the Ohlins?

I should really commit to coming out for a day or two next year.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Zee Biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:14 PM   #652
uofime
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 421271
Join Date: May 2015
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicago
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
Galaxy Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigs90 View Post
So Gridlife round 5 didn’t go so well as I got sick with what we are calling ” superaids” leading me to drive home Saturday around 2pm and sleep for around 14 hours. As of today I am still not 100% back to feeling normal but I am getting there.

Gridlife was fun for the short time I was there , the first session at 9am and a ton of standing water so that means skids. Unfortunately I am an idiot and forgot my SD cards as they are sitting at my computer so I had no onboard video of said skids. Oh I also dropped a tire and spun out at turn 2 on Gingerman due to getting too cocky with my ken block inspired drifting.

Future plans are looking a lot like time attack in Gridlife’s street car class with some 255 RE71Rs So I can chase Dewey and my friend Max.

Other winter plans are as follows
  • Rebuild the Ohlins coilovers and possibly have them revalved
  • Put the interior back in the car
  • Install sound deadening products all over the car
  • Upgrade the horrible oem speakers for louder Eurobeat
  • Acquire another set of 17×9 wheels , I am thinking 17×9 +49 Wedsport TC105n
  • Install a surge tank / Radium solution to fix fuel starvation issues
  • Spec C roof vent
  • Have the car re calibrated on carberry flex fuel
  • Maybe a 2015 STi steering rack ?
  • Maybe a moroso oil pan ?
  • Save for a house or Condo
  • Sleep a lot
Those first 10 are going to make the last 2 pretty difficult you know
uofime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:34 PM   #653
Gigs90
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 306719
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Auburn Hills ,Michigan
Vehicle:
2003 Sti Wagon
@jn_garage

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uofime View Post
Those first 10 are going to make the last 2 pretty difficult you know
Well you see

I have parts I am currently selling that will cover those costs , I have hoarded parts for over three years now.

But yes I could have had a house by now but our Michigan housing market is insane right now and I am not overpaying by 40-60k for a house that needs work.
Gigs90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:50 AM   #654
Gigs90
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 306719
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Auburn Hills ,Michigan
Vehicle:
2003 Sti Wagon
@jn_garage

Default

Three years ago I discovered the joy that is driving in the snow with a Nokian snow tire

Gigs90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 03:11 PM   #655
Gigs90
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 306719
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Auburn Hills ,Michigan
Vehicle:
2003 Sti Wagon
@jn_garage

Default

My car showed up in a video by Gears and Gasoline about Gridlife round 5

Gigs90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 03:49 PM   #656
gn4rwhals
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 453427
Join Date: Aug 2016
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Detroit, MI
Vehicle:
2017 WRX
Crystal White Pearl

Default

That looks like Joe Ferraro (Farva) next to your car.
gn4rwhals is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 01:03 AM   #657
Gigs90
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 306719
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Auburn Hills ,Michigan
Vehicle:
2003 Sti Wagon
@jn_garage

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn4rwhals View Post
That looks like Joe Ferraro (Farva) next to your car.
That is joe


Farva had his wifes 350z there that day
Gigs90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:38 PM   #658
Gigs90
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 306719
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Auburn Hills ,Michigan
Vehicle:
2003 Sti Wagon
@jn_garage

Default

4 years ago

Gigs90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 09:37 AM   #659
Gigs90
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 306719
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Auburn Hills ,Michigan
Vehicle:
2003 Sti Wagon
@jn_garage

Default

Five years a Bugeye

Gigs90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 03:47 PM   #660
Gigs90
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 306719
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Auburn Hills ,Michigan
Vehicle:
2003 Sti Wagon
@jn_garage

Default

Registered for Gridlife time attack and also ordered a livery kit from the UK for the event.

Gigs90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 06:46 PM   #661
uofime
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 421271
Join Date: May 2015
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicago
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
Galaxy Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigs90 View Post
Registered for Gridlife time attack and also ordered a livery kit from the UK for the event.

Nice!

Which events, just the Midwest festival, or more?
uofime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 08:35 PM   #662
Gigs90
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 306719
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Auburn Hills ,Michigan
Vehicle:
2003 Sti Wagon
@jn_garage

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uofime View Post
Nice!

Which events, just the Midwest festival, or more?
Yeah just midwest and maybe fall
Gigs90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:18 PM   #663
Gigs90
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 306719
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Auburn Hills ,Michigan
Vehicle:
2003 Sti Wagon
@jn_garage

Default

Random pictures from the last two weeks , LGT got snowed on and ID1050X injectors showed up for flex fuel this spring.


Gigs90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 11:00 AM   #664
Gigs90
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 306719
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Auburn Hills ,Michigan
Vehicle:
2003 Sti Wagon
@jn_garage

Default

Christmas gift for the car finally arrived


Gigs90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 12:00 PM   #665
admiral snackbar
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 272810
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Lynchburg, Va
Vehicle:
2010 STI
@digitalseagull

Default

I love the roof vent, the install always scared the **** out of me though
admiral snackbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 12:37 PM   #666
ether947
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 297799
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Knoxville, TN
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
EJ207 version 8

Default

Nice, I saw a roof vent on eBay the other day. I blinked and someone bought it before I could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by admiral snackbar View Post
I love the roof vent, the install always scared the **** out of me though
I watched a friend install one for another friend that was terrified of the install.


Came out great.
ether947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 12:40 PM   #667
racing_reject_001
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 452780
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: NH
Default

test drove an sti with the roof vent and loved it sadly my wrx has a sunroof so no vent for me and id need someone to install it i couldnt trust myself to do it
racing_reject_001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 02:37 PM   #668
Gigs90
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 306719
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Auburn Hills ,Michigan
Vehicle:
2003 Sti Wagon
@jn_garage

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by admiral snackbar View Post
I love the roof vent, the install always scared the **** out of me though
I luckily have a friend who has done a bunch.

He is also building a 2001 WRC replica car for Rallyx which I will also be documenting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ether947 View Post
Nice, I saw a roof vent on eBay the other day. I blinked and someone bought it before I could.



I watched a friend install one for another friend that was terrified of the install.


Came out great.
They are only $499 shipped from Japanparts right now brand new

Quote:
Originally Posted by racing_reject_001 View Post
test drove an sti with the roof vent and loved it sadly my wrx has a sunroof so no vent for me and id need someone to install it i couldnt trust myself to do it
That would probably involve a complete new roof skin sadly
Gigs90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2018 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.