Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday May 26, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-10-2018, 05:04 PM   #3401
maxeman
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 409078
Vehicle:
2018 WRX STI Limited
CWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by keonigt View Post
Anyone got any idea on when the 2019 WRXs start rolling out or when we can place an order for one?

I'm in the market for a wrx but i'm hesitant because it's so close to the next model year.

Im guessing august. I could be wrong though.
maxeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2018, 05:43 PM   #3402
mvadenais
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 472751
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxeman View Post

I am doing a clear bra on the bumper only as that gets riddled with chips. And that is only around $400 to do.
Got my 2018 wrx in august and had the clear bra installed then. I'd do more than just the bumper. I have it covering bumper, mirrors and have the bra going past the hood scoop. It has already proven itself in 3,400 miles. Worth the extra coverage.
mvadenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 05:45 PM   #3403
mvadenais
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 472751
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
WRB

Quote:
Im guessing august. I could be wrong though.
I believe dealerships started showing them on lot in early July. (2017)
mvadenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 10:58 PM   #3404
Stubb063
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 479690

Quote:
Originally Posted by keonigt View Post
Anyone got any idea on when the 2019 WRXs start rolling out or when we can place an order for one?

I'm in the market for a wrx but i'm hesitant because it's so close to the next model year.
I don't think there's supposed to be any changes between the 2018 and 2019 (at least that I've heard of). You'd probably save a few bucks by getting your order in on a 2018 and still get the same car.
Stubb063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 11:08 PM   #3405
Slim_Jim
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 473831
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2018 WRX STI Limited
Lapis Blue Pearl

One of the dealers I've been talking to said the cut off to order a 2018 was around May.
Slim_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 11:25 PM   #3406
Slim_Jim
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 WRX STI Limited
Lapis Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubb063 View Post
I don't think there's supposed to be any changes between the 2018 and 2019 (at least that I've heard of). You'd probably save a few bucks by getting your order in on a 2018 and still get the same car.
I would think they would've announced a new model by now. When they announced the 2018's it was the first part of January.
Old 02-11-2018, 04:13 AM   #3407
booSTid scooby12
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 310939
Vehicle:
2012 WRX STi
OBP

They usually open up towards the end of April. But with the RA and 50th editions, idk if that's going to have any effect on the 19s ordering schedule. . . Hope not. I'll be ordering as soon as the 19s open up
booSTid scooby12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 01:08 PM   #3408
maxeman
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 WRX STI Limited
CWP

Default The 2018 WRX/STI Orders and Waiting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubb063 View Post
Yeah, I just got a Pure Red Limited with the lip. Rest of the options I got aren't even factory installed things (maybe the short throw shifter, but I think even that is a port install).

What part of the country you order from?

I ordered from Pittsburgh. I know East Coast-ish tends to take a little long, but this is kind of crazy. And considering there's not even a VIN yet, location doesn't seem to be the issue...yet.

My sales guy even seems pretty annoyed and surprised with it. He says it never takes that long.

This is what confuses me. Red Bandit above also ordered a Red Limited. But he ordered 12/30.... (POST from 2/8) way later than you but he has a VIN and an ETA of 3/13.

the process seems a bit off.

Last edited by maxeman; 02-11-2018 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-11-2018, 01:24 PM   #3409
16CWPSTi
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 469756

I ordered my 2018 on Jan 3. I was told 6-8 weeks. At the 4 week Mark, I called and inquired. Dealership knew nothing. I called at 5 weeks. Dealership knew nothing. I cancelled my order and went elsewhere. I have a feeling they didn't order the car. I don't have time for games after my previous experience detailed below.

From what I've been told, once the car arrives in port, they receive the vin number and it's another 2 weeks for delivery. That puts my order in late and I wasn't waiting. I've had nothing but bad luck ordering from Subaru and will never order again.

In Feb 2016 I went to order my optioned out 2016 STi from a different dealer than above. They told me 6-8 weeks. 2 weeks later they called and told me that the order got rejected because Subaru was transitioning to the 2017. Was told that if I want to wait an extra month, that I could get a 17. I said ok. March comes, no info. April comes, no info. May comes, no info. Meanwhile dealerships all around are getting 17s in stock. At that point I was done. I searched dealerships and found the exact 16 I ordered and bought that. 2 weeks later the 17 magically came in. They probably realised they gave me too good of a price and screwed me around until I cancelled.
16CWPSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:10 PM   #3410
Slim_Jim
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 WRX STI Limited
Lapis Blue Pearl

Is the 2018 WRX STI Heritage edition the same as the STI Limited?
Old 02-11-2018, 08:42 PM   #3411
SteveAustin
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 479775

Except a different blue and $300 more, I think it is.

The pricing on the WRX (non-STI) Limited is a bit more like $3k for the Heritage Blue...
SteveAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 09:04 PM   #3412
Slim_Jim
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 WRX STI Limited
Lapis Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAustin View Post
Except a different blue and $300 more, I think it is.

The pricing on the WRX (non-STI) Limited is a bit more like $3k for the Heritage Blue...
My local dealership has it for the same price as the Limited. That's why I was wondering....Thx
Old 02-11-2018, 09:13 PM   #3413
Stubb063
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim_Jim View Post
My local dealership has it for the same price as the Limited. That's why I was wondering....Thx
I'd be interested in what it looks like in person. The new paint color seems to look different in every photo, I see. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't.

Also read an article saying all Heritage Editions were getting black leather seats. I don't know if that means they don't have the Recaros, or they have the Recaros but in all black (and does that mean all the other other red accents such as seatbelts are gone, too?), or if they left the STI alone.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:24 PM   #3414
16CWPSTi
Scooby Newbie

I hope people realise they are being taken by these "Recaro" seats. They are literally the same EXACT seat as the regular STi except the head rest is a slightly different shape and there is the area that says Recaro. Same material, same shape seat, same bolstering, it's the same thing.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:41 PM   #3415
Stubb063
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16CWPSTi View Post
I hope people realise they are being taken by these "Recaro" seats. They are literally the same EXACT seat as the regular STi except the head rest is a slightly different shape and there is the area that says Recaro. Same material, same shape seat, same bolstering, it's the same thing.
The Limited seats are 8-way power while the base are 6-way manual adjustment.

Add in the moonroof, standard Nav, upgraded speakers, push-button start, Blind Spot Detection, Cross Traffic Alert, option to get rid of the wing, and I'm more than willing to pay that premium price.

So, no, I don't feel "taken" at all.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:59 PM   #3416
16CWPSTi
Scooby Newbie

Just talking about the seats

Last edited by 16CWPSTi; 02-11-2018 at 10:15 PM.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:39 PM   #3417
Slim_Jim
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 WRX STI Limited
Lapis Blue Pearl

Quote:
Just talking about the seats
Yes the seats are Recaro and are black, but they added the 50th embroidered stitching on them as well.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:04 PM   #3418
Eyesoftheworld
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 264451
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2018 STi Limited
CWP

Quote:
I ordered my 2018 on Jan 3. I was told 6-8 weeks. At the 4 week Mark, I called and inquired. Dealership knew nothing. I called at 5 weeks. Dealership knew nothing. I cancelled my order and went elsewhere. I have a feeling they didn't order the car. I don't have time for games after my previous experience detailed below.

From what I've been told, once the car arrives in port, they receive the vin number and it's another 2 weeks for delivery. That puts my order in late and I wasn't waiting. I've had nothing but bad luck ordering from Subaru and will never order again.

In Feb 2016 I went to order my optioned out 2016 STi from a different dealer than above. They told me 6-8 weeks. 2 weeks later they called and told me that the order got rejected because Subaru was transitioning to the 2017. Was told that if I want to wait an extra month, that I could get a 17. I said ok. March comes, no info. April comes, no info. May comes, no info. Meanwhile dealerships all around are getting 17s in stock. At that point I was done. I searched dealerships and found the exact 16 I ordered and bought that. 2 weeks later the 17 magically came in. They probably realised they gave me too good of a price and screwed me around until I cancelled.
Never heard of anyone having this much trouble. You get an email from SoA when the order is placed. I got mine the night they had placed the order at the dealer. Sounds like you didn't know the process and got hosed by a crappy dealer, not Subaru. I found a great dealer 2nd try.

Update on mine: I ordered a CWP STi Limited with a couple options on 1/6. Got the VON email that night with an ETA of 'Last Week of April'.

Dealer updated me about 2 weeks ago and said ETA is now end of March, but I'm not counting on that with the original ETA and the info I've gathered. I'd say first week April at the earliest.

I would not wait for a 2019, personally. They won't change much, if at all. You'll most likely be paying more and you'll definitely be waiting way, way longer. You're better off getting one now and trading it in when a refresh happens.
Eyesoftheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 12:36 AM   #3419
UNKIN
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 123485
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2018 STI Limited DG
2006 WRX FP Green R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyesoftheworld View Post
I would not wait for a 2019, personally. They won't change much, if at all. You'll most likely be paying more and you'll definitely be waiting way, way longer. You're better off getting one now and trading it in when a refresh happens.

That’s exactly my thought too. I recently got my 2018 STI limited and love it, but if/when Subaru decides to refresh I’ll be ordering a new one.
UNKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 07:15 AM   #3420
16CWPSTi
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyesoftheworld View Post
Never heard of anyone having this much trouble. You get an email from SoA when the order is placed. I got mine the night they had placed the order at the dealer. Sounds like you didn't know the process and got hosed by a crappy dealer, not Subaru. I found a great dealer 2nd try.

Both times I never got an email, order number, nothing.

From what I understood you get a VON (vehicle order number) when the vehicle gets ordered and a VIN when it gets built (before it ships). Then it's usually 4 weeks after the VIN when the vehicle gets delivered.

Guess I got screwed both times. I know it's not Subaru itself, it's those damn stealerships.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:24 AM   #3421
maxeman
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 WRX STI Limited
CWP

Default The 2018 WRX/STI Orders and Waiting Thread

Quote:
Both times I never got an email, order number, nothing.

From what I understood you get a VON (vehicle order number) when the vehicle gets ordered and a VIN when it gets built (before it ships). Then it's usually 4 weeks after the VIN when the vehicle gets delivered.

Guess I got screwed both times. I know it's not Subaru itself, it's those damn stealerships.

I feel the process is different for everyone.

Some say they get the VIN when it ships. Others get the VIN a week or two before the dealer gets it.

Some get the VIN from SOA in email form. Some get it from the dealer.

I received my VIN from my dealer because i asked for it. That was on 2/2. But i have NOT received one update in email from SOA.

I was originally supposed to have an ETA of last week of March. Then i called the dealer mid January and they said it moved to February. And when February came around i called the dealer and they said an updated ETA is March 2nd. And i called SOA to confirm and they said first two weeks of March. But you see the only way i found any info out was to do the leg work myself. I don’t get jack from Subaru. Nothing but my original VON email the day I ordered on December 2nd.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:40 AM   #3422
Jmlin
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 481335

Looking at getting
XPEL ultimate clear bra:

full hood, full fenders (wrapped edges), mirrors, front bumper, film and installation: $1550.00

Is that a fair price to pay? Also do you think i need all of that or can i go with less?
Jmlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 10:17 AM   #3423
Stubb063
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
I feel the process is different for everyone.

Some say they get the VIN when it ships. Others get the VIN a week or two before the dealer gets it.

Some get the VIN from SOA in email form. Some get it from the dealer.

I received my VIN from my dealer because i asked for it. That was on 2/2. But i have NOT received one update in email from SOA.

I was originally supposed to have an ETA of last week of March. Then i called the dealer mid January and they said it moved to February. And when February came around i called the dealer and they said an updated ETA is March 2nd. And i called SOA to confirm and they said first two weeks of March. But you see the only way i found any info out was to do the leg work myself. I don’t get jack from Subaru. Nothing but my original VON email the day I ordered on December 2nd.

I'm betting the emails depend on how the dealer submits the order. I'd bet some dealers enter the order using their own emails addresses, so that the info gets sent directly to them, then they can update the customer and basically get to be the face of good news for the customer. "Hey, it's Rick from Acme Subaru. Got some great news for ya. We got an update on your car, and it'll be in within the month!" (nevermind that you should have this info a few days ago and on your own terms).

Other dealers will put the customer's personal email into the system so that the emails go straight to the customer, which is what I believe mine did. Because I've gotten my VON email, and every time I ask my dealer for an update, he tells me he'll back to me. Which he does within an hour. So I assume he calls SOA using the same number we use, and that's about all the input he has on it.

That's my hunch, anyways.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:58 AM   #3424
Tyleem111
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 480865
Default WRX STI Order Status

Here is the update on order status. I ordered a 2018 WRB WRX STI Limited with cargo tray, rear bumper appliqué, all-weather floor mats and wheel locks.

I went through the internet sales department for the dealership and ordered via the phone. They didn't require me to come in or put down a deposit. I told him this was surprising, because other dealers I spoke with wanted a $500 non-refundable deposit. He said that is just a dealer technique to try and make you feel locked in to the car. He said he has not charged a deposit in 10 years and has never had a problem. He also said if anyone backs out it's for good reason and the dealer never has trouble selling the car. Anyway, it was interesting to learn it is not a requirement to put down a deposit to order a car.

Ordered via phone: 1/21/18 ETA Month of March
SOA email with VON: 1/22/18 ETA Last week of March
SOA email with VIN: 2/12/18 ETA on or before 3/13/18

I update when I get more info. I tried to create an account on MySubaru and it didn't recognize the VIN. Maybe because I was trying to create the account just hours after the email? I will try tomorrow.
Tyleem111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 09:00 AM   #3425
Red Bandit
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 421114
Vehicle:
2018 WRX STI
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyleem111 View Post
Here is the update on order status. I ordered a 2018 WRB WRX STI Limited with cargo tray, rear bumper appliqué, all-weather floor mats and wheel locks.

I went through the internet sales department for the dealership and ordered via the phone. They didn't require me to come in or put down a deposit. I told him this was surprising, because other dealers I spoke with wanted a $500 non-refundable deposit. He said that is just a dealer technique to try and make you feel locked in to the car. He said he has not charged a deposit in 10 years and has never had a problem. He also said if anyone backs out it's for good reason and the dealer never has trouble selling the car. Anyway, it was interesting to learn it is not a requirement to put down a deposit to order a car.

Ordered via phone: 1/21/18 ETA Month of March
SOA email with VON: 1/22/18 ETA Last week of March
SOA email with VIN: 2/12/18 ETA on or before 3/13/18

I update when I get more info. I tried to create an account on MySubaru and it didn't recognize the VIN. Maybe because I was trying to create the account just hours after the email? I will try tomorrow.
That's not a bad turn around time.

The dealership I use does not ask for a deposit either. They gave me the same logic, if I back out, they would simply sell it to someone else.
Red Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote