Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 25, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2018, 10:36 AM   #426
Subidoo19
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 487386
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Utah
Vehicle:
2019 WRX Limited
WR Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnXfreeride View Post
Did my 1000 mile oil change... coming from a 2012 WRX.. be warned the drain plug has like 3 threads and the oil comes fast... like bouncing off my drain pan onto garage floor fast.
Fumoto in place for the 3k change to get back on the 3 6 9 12 cycle.. should be cleaner next time. Fumoto seems well protected.

Love the no plastic to remove to get to drain plug and oil filter on top.

Did it on ramps and had plenty of room.
With the Fumoto valve, did you use a new Subaru crush washer or the flat washer that came with the valve? I've seen people do either one and I wondered if one would seal better over the other. I'm thinking of doing the valve as well when mine hits 1000 miles.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Subidoo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 09-11-2018, 05:09 PM   #427
mastover
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 491336
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Monument Colorado
Vehicle:
2019 WRX
Lapis Blue

Default Waiting on 2019 Lapis Blue WRX Limited

Order placed July 17th. I was told by SOA today that my car was "scheduled" yesterday and that means it was being built. Is that what others have been told concerning "scheduled" dates? It means I have a newborn as of today over in Japan. My expected delivery date is now October 2nd.

To pass the time while waiting, and since I had figured the car was already on it's way, I've been stalking the shipping from Yokahama and Kawasaki to Vancouver Canada and Richmond California to try and outguess the delivery. So, now I guess I'll just keep watching every ship that docks there! One of them has to be carrying my newborn.
mastover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:35 AM   #428
Chas2
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 486914
Join Date: Jun 2018
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2019 WRX Limited
CWP (on order)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas2 View Post
As luck would have it I went to pickup and after going through all the financing etc the car had a passenger side seatbelt error that they said was not there the day before

Went home with a loaner Impreza sedan.

They called up today saying defective passenger seat occupancy sensor. Fix is to get a new seat here Thursday. Will be ready to go Thusrsday evening.

The exhaust sounded nice anyway.
The new passenger seat was installed, picked up Thursday evening, but on Friday night, it threw a passenger side airbag error, which did not appear again on Saturday on the drive to the dealer. Diagnosis was to wait until master tech came in Monday.

On Monday they called and said it was a loose connection, and the car has been great ever since.

Did get to drive a loaner Imprezza so I could see what I would be missing with a WRX, and a loaner Outback with eyesight and blah blah. That is a big car. Happy with the WRX so far.
Chas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:44 AM   #429
heatwave
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 124407
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Dallas
Vehicle:
2019 STI
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas2 View Post
The new passenger seat was installed, picked up Thursday evening, but on Friday night, it threw a passenger side airbag error, which did not appear again on Saturday on the drive to the dealer. Diagnosis was to wait until master tech came in Monday.

On Monday they called and said it was a loose connection, and the car has been great ever since.

Did get to drive a loaner Imprezza so I could see what I would be missing with a WRX, and a loaner Outback with eyesight and blah blah. That is a big car. Happy with the WRX so far.
My passenger seat sensor works too well. If i place my phone on the seat it detects weight and will notify me to have the seatbelt on. Its annoying because i can't place my bag or even a small phone on the seat.
heatwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:45 AM   #430
heatwave
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 124407
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Dallas
Vehicle:
2019 STI
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subidoo19 View Post
With the Fumoto valve, did you use a new Subaru crush washer or the flat washer that came with the valve? I've seen people do either one and I wondered if one would seal better over the other. I'm thinking of doing the valve as well when mine hits 1000 miles.
On my previous cars i used the flat washer that came with the valve. Over 100k miles driven with it and i never had issues. I will do the same on my new car.
heatwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:02 AM   #431
booSTid scooby12
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 310939
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: chicago burbs, IL
Vehicle:
2012 WRX STi
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatwave View Post
My passenger seat sensor works too well. If i place my phone on the seat it detects weight and will notify me to have the seatbelt on. Its annoying because i can't place my bag or even a small phone on the seat.
I just noticed this the other day. Had my phone, sunglasses, and keys on the seat, and the seatbelt warning went off. Really annoying!
booSTid scooby12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 12:34 PM   #432
Phil NJ
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 167485
Join Date: Dec 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by booSTid scooby12 View Post
I have a pixel 2 XL, with pie, works fine. Only issue I have is when my girl connects her iPhone also, it kicks my phone out and switches to carplay. Bs. Lol. Haven't found a way to prevent that, or switch back to AA.
What cord are you using to connect? Mine will work fine for a few minutes then crash.
Phil NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 12:54 PM   #433
MtnXfreeride
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 228010
Join Date: Oct 2009
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Maine
Vehicle:
2019 WRX Limited
Crystal White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subidoo19 View Post
With the Fumoto valve, did you use a new Subaru crush washer or the flat washer that came with the valve? I've seen people do either one and I wondered if one would seal better over the other. I'm thinking of doing the valve as well when mine hits 1000 miles.
I used the washer thing it came with. Ill check it each oil change anyway.. if I see its looking leaky Ill change it out.. hoping to never have to since it defeats the purpose.

Drove at night for the first time last night.. the limited trim steering headlights are very nice.. turn faster and seemingly more into corners than my wifes 2017 forester.

Ordered and received the OEM red footwell lighting kit yesterday.. hoping to install soon.

Also, can confirm the 3d print model in this link works fine on the trunk if you want a handle.. just buy new bolts that are 10mm longer at home depot. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2796768

Also, the JDM armrest with cubby has been amazing.. perfect height and the extra tray holds sunglasses/mints and a small pack of tissues for me.

Did a CQuartz UK 3.0 ceramic coat this past weekend... looks great on white and applied easy enough. Took half a bottle of the product. Topped it with Carpro Reload. First time using silica vs. oil/wax sealants.

Last edited by MtnXfreeride; 09-13-2018 at 01:02 PM.
MtnXfreeride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 01:45 PM   #434
rmbrady
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 6228
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Rochester
Vehicle:
2017 Chevelle

Default

I got an email from my dealer that their Series Gray STI just came in. My name is first on the list, but I don't think I'm going to go through with it. Just wanted to post this as a heads up for people who are wanting these cars, keep your eyes open because they have started to arrive.

Oh yeah, price offered to me is $39458 for comparison.
rmbrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 04:53 PM   #435
Subidoo19
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 487386
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Utah
Vehicle:
2019 WRX Limited
WR Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnXfreeride View Post
I used the washer thing it came with. Ill check it each oil change anyway.. if I see its looking leaky Ill change it out.. hoping to never have to since it defeats the purpose.

Drove at night for the first time last night.. the limited trim steering headlights are very nice.. turn faster and seemingly more into corners than my wifes 2017 forester.

Ordered and received the OEM red footwell lighting kit yesterday.. hoping to install soon.

Also, can confirm the 3d print model in this link works fine on the trunk if you want a handle.. just buy new bolts that are 10mm longer at home depot. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2796768

Also, the JDM armrest with cubby has been amazing.. perfect height and the extra tray holds sunglasses/mints and a small pack of tissues for me.

Did a CQuartz UK 3.0 ceramic coat this past weekend... looks great on white and applied easy enough. Took half a bottle of the product. Topped it with Carpro Reload. First time using silica vs. oil/wax sealants.
Thanks for the insight on the Fumoto.

I agree, I think the Limited LED headlights are really good. I had a car in the past that had steering HID headlights and they would barely turn and put out hardly any light compared to these on the Limited.

I installed the JDM armrest last Friday. I was worried it was going to get in the way of shifting, but it doesn't at all. It really is the perfect height and the extra storage is very useful.
Subidoo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 05:05 PM   #436
lateralus1082
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 170764
Join Date: Feb 2008
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: El Paso/Albuquerque, NM
Vehicle:
2019 STi
Dark Grey

Default

What's the difference between the JDM armrest and the regular one?
lateralus1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 05:53 PM   #437
ericsson
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 208672
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Houston, TX
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STI Limited
Obsidian Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateralus1082 View Post
What's the difference between the JDM armrest and the regular one?
The JDM is Japanese and the regular one is regular
ericsson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 06:11 PM   #438
Wzcb08
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 28062
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego, CA
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateralus1082 View Post
What's the difference between the JDM armrest and the regular one?
JDM seems to work better, it's fixed, sturdy and you can use your original armrest top. The US version of the armrest has been used for the past like 15 years and it is pretty crappy. Crappy material where you rest your elbow and it springs up and down to adjust, which will brake in time, they all do (Had this exact same armrest in my 2007 Legacy GT).
Wzcb08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 06:20 PM   #439
heatwave
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 124407
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Dallas
Vehicle:
2019 STI
WRB

Default

Thanks to this forum I didnít get the USDM extended armrest due to the quality. I love the alcantera cover with the sti and want to use it with the jdm extension. I looked at a wrx that had the option armrest and it was pathetic quality. Itís almost an insult to have to pay extra for it however itís a must. So many times I try to put my elbow to relax or adjust and I fall into that space. Lol. My JDM armrest is on the way.
heatwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:17 PM   #440
caliwrx29
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 491432
Join Date: Sep 2018
Default

caliwrx29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 03:28 PM   #441
STI 2 NV
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 31748
Join Date: Jan 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Upstate NY
Vehicle:
'18 WRX STI Limited
LBP

Default

Stupid ap wouldn't quote. Not a bad price mentioned above for the Series.Gray given some dealers will want MSRP... or more. I pick mine up tomorrow.
STI 2 NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 04:38 PM   #442
lateralus1082
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 170764
Join Date: Feb 2008
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: El Paso/Albuquerque, NM
Vehicle:
2019 STi
Dark Grey

Default

Just found out today that 2015-2018 Axel back will not fit the 2019 STi due to a different designed flange. Since the intake and "free flowing" exhaust comes from the RA, does that mean that most aftermarket catbacks won't make a difference over stock or am I just delusional where aftermarket is considerably better than OEM? I'm not necessarily talking about the axel back since it offers nothing but better sound, but a catback in general?
lateralus1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 07:25 PM   #443
Scorpius
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 370806
Join Date: Oct 2013
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Indiana
Vehicle:
2019 WRX/STI DGM
2016 WRX/STI ISM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateralus1082 View Post
Just found out today that 2015-2018 Axel back will not fit the 2019 STi due to a different designed flange. Since the intake and "free flowing" exhaust comes from the RA, does that mean that most aftermarket catbacks won't make a difference over stock or am I just delusional where aftermarket is considerably better than OEM? I'm not necessarily talking about the axel back since it offers nothing but better sound, but a catback in general?
Aftermarket cat back exhausts never really free up any back pressure as they are not the limiting factor in flow, but the downpipe is a restriction.
Scorpius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 02:01 AM   #444
tonyins
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 491603
Join Date: Sep 2018
Default

Is there a thread to talk about price paid for 2019 wrx/sti?

Sorry if this is not allowed
tonyins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 09:51 AM   #445
heatwave
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 124407
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Dallas
Vehicle:
2019 STI
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyins View Post
Is there a thread to talk about price paid for 2019 wrx/sti?

Sorry if this is not allowed
You can do it in this thread. Check the google spreadsheet that is shared on post #1 in this thread. A bunch of us placed price paid or mentioned it in here.
heatwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 03:52 PM   #446
hicompb18c1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 489971
Join Date: Aug 2018
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2018 WRX STI
WRB

Default

Just heard, expecting my STI to come in October 9th. That's 2-3 weeks earlier than the first estimate, so I'm stoked!

Hoping they can accommodate my request to NOT wash it or touch the paint with anything...
hicompb18c1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 04:13 PM   #447
MtnXfreeride
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 228010
Join Date: Oct 2009
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Maine
Vehicle:
2019 WRX Limited
Crystal White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hicompb18c1 View Post
Just heard, expecting my STI to come in October 9th. That's 2-3 weeks earlier than the first estimate, so I'm stoked!

Hoping they can accommodate my request to NOT wash it or touch the paint with anything...
I asked, dealer did a hand wash instead and scratched up the roof.. the protectors they peel off leave a lot of sticky residue behind.. so they love to hit those areas with bristles..
MtnXfreeride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 04:28 PM   #448
MtnXfreeride
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 228010
Join Date: Oct 2009
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Maine
Vehicle:
2019 WRX Limited
Crystal White Pearl

Default

Anyone else buy a new ebrake boot? I bought the JDM Station Alacantara brake boot from Subispeed and its way to small to fit properly.. the glue keeps coming apart because its SOOO tight that when you put the ebrake down it tugs the fabric rather than feeling a thunk like the brake is totally off. Its so tight it even shows the screws on the ebrake handle when the handle is down. Even dry fitting it I had issues with fitment.. I went for it anyway with the spray glue and fought it into place.

Anyone try a different one with better luck?
MtnXfreeride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 04:47 PM   #449
transmutation
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 467769
Join Date: May 2017
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle
Vehicle:
2018 STI Limited
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnXfreeride View Post
Anyone else buy a new ebrake boot? I bought the JDM Station Alacantara brake boot from Subispeed and its way to small to fit properly.. the glue keeps coming apart because its SOOO tight that when you put the ebrake down it tugs the fabric rather than feeling a thunk like the brake is totally off. Its so tight it even shows the screws on the ebrake handle when the handle is down. Even dry fitting it I had issues with fitment.. I went for it anyway with the spray glue and fought it into place.

Anyone try a different one with better luck?
Check out Overland Designs. I'm very pleased with theirs and they also have the option to send you a boot pre-attached to the trim piece which is awesome.
transmutation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 07:21 PM   #450
Sti Relapse
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 406620
Join Date: Nov 2014
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: MN
Vehicle:
2019 WRX STi
World Rally Blue

Default

I picked mine up on Saturday and didn't even have to tell them not to. I got called on Friday asking me if they want them to remove or detail anything and they even recommended against it.
Sti Relapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2018 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.