Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday August 24, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2018, 12:18 PM   #3626
BootsJunkie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 322862
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: North Jerz
Vehicle:
05 STi
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Panda View Post
^225? Most people run 295 or 305. Was that a typo?
I too wonder if typo
If you're trying to fit 225 under stock body.... why even flare it?



Quote:
Originally Posted by hshafiee View Post
Hi Junkies; Looks like a lot of nice work you did. I am happy you liked it.
I have a question and maybe you can answer. I am installing on my impreza 2004 outback sport. Rear on almost done. Fender is trimmed sealed and nutserts are done. Front nutserts are done and I like your idea to epoxy the bolt from inside.
My question is if I install 225/40/18. Do I really need to trim the front fenders. I just don't see necessary if my tires are not that high. If I have to trim them, the fender liner would be lose what you guys did for the lose part.
Thanks taking your time to read my question and answer if you have time.

If you've already trimmed the rear, the harder one, whats the big deal with trimming the front?
Needing to trim the front will depend entirely on your specific offset, wheel width, tire width and aspect ratio, and ride height.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
BootsJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 05-22-2018, 08:31 PM   #3627
hshafiee
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 472488
Join Date: Aug 2017
Default

I just don't know what to do with fender liner. It come lose dangling:, since it won't get supported.by the fender.
hshafiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 08:39 PM   #3628
hshafiee
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 472488
Join Date: Aug 2017
Default

Not a typo. I installed 1.1/4 Centric hub wheel spacers. It is not in my budget now for wheels. I might do it later.
I thought it looks better with flares. They were on sale in ebay. Ordered them they came from Ukraine.
hshafiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 06:27 PM   #3629
Jisoneofakind
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 452048
Join Date: Aug 2016
Default How did you guys make the dog leg sit flush

Hey, how did you guys make the dog leg of the flares sit flush with the body? It has to be held by tape or force to sit there... did you drill a screw In through the wheel well or put 3m tape behind it?
Jisoneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 07:23 PM   #3630
BootsJunkie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 322862
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: North Jerz
Vehicle:
05 STi
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jisoneofakind View Post
Hey, how did you guys make the dog leg of the flares sit flush with the body? It has to be held by tape or force to sit there... did you drill a screw In through the wheel well or put 3m tape behind it?

I HIGHLY doubt 3m tape would it, from how much force I needed to apply to it to move it into place.

On both of my rear doglegs I put a screw in thru the wheel-well side pointing towards the front of the car to keep it in place (don't have a pic ATM). Should be plenty strong.

On only my drivers-side the gap between the dogleg piece and body was more than I'd like, so if you refer to the pic of the bolt I epoxied to the inside of the flare a page back, I also did that again on the DS dogleg piece to take up that gap.
BootsJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 10:45 PM   #3631
Mi04sti
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 486656
Join Date: May 2018
Default

Would look nice on my 04 sti
Mi04sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 05:55 PM   #3632
BooSTInFlat4
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 486618
Join Date: May 2018
Default

Just finished installing those on my 06 STI. Flares are on, minus the door pieces, and now I'm just tweaking the flares to get them perfect and also waiting for paint

Not too bad of an install, but definitely time consuming getting things to how you want it. Fitment was far from perfect, especially seeing (for the first time today) the Suby Flares statement about 20+ pages back saying that these will be close to out of the box ready as they can get. Front flares went on without a hitch, rear flares took a lot more work. When comparing the two rear flares side by side I could see that the lines were way off, from the spots to drill the holes to the lines that follow the indent of the rear bumper. Lots of sanding and readding fiberglass, but it's still not sitting exactly like how I want it. Comparing the dog leg pieces gave me more headaches. I'll get them on eventually, but it's going to require a lot of work to get them on right. One side curves more than the other creating a wider gap and one side is at least 1/4 inch thicker than the other.

My wheel setup is:
Varrstoen ES6
18x10.5 +15
275/35/18 Riken Raptor tires
BooSTInFlat4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 05:33 PM   #3633
HenriSTI
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335253
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Location: The Netherlands
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sti
World Rallye Blue

Default

Hey all,

am in process of flaring my Bugeye, yet running into some fitment issues in disccusion with my installation bodyshop.

My ideal wanted fitment size would be 18x10.5J Et20.
however my bodyshop guys say with a 10.5J wheel and 265/35-R18 tires I would get rubbing issues when setting the steering angle into full lock.

however I see all sizes here be about 10j to 11j and this makes me wonder if those running 10.5s have modified their wheel wells in order to make the full lock turn freely.

the bodyshop advises an 18x9,5 et20 wheel and a 255/35-R18 tire to run without rubbing issues.

would the bodyshop be the ones that have it correct here or not?

Thanks in advance!
HenriSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 01:29 AM   #3634
WRX8XB
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 45323
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Iowa
Vehicle:
MY05 Impreza WRX STi
Pastelito Racing & SFSOC

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenriSTI View Post
Hey all,

am in process of flaring my Bugeye, yet running into some fitment issues in disccusion with my installation bodyshop.

My ideal wanted fitment size would be 18x10.5J Et20.
however my bodyshop guys say with a 10.5J wheel and 265/35-R18 tires I would get rubbing issues when setting the steering angle into full lock.

however I see all sizes here be about 10j to 11j and this makes me wonder if those running 10.5s have modified their wheel wells in order to make the full lock turn freely.

the bodyshop advises an 18x9,5 et20 wheel and a 255/35-R18 tire to run without rubbing issues.

would the bodyshop be the ones that have it correct here or not?

Thanks in advance!


One word

“Bumperpusherouters”

Push the bottom of the bumper outward a decent amount.

Also, be sure they are trimming the flares a lot of flange is left over to easy mold release and custom fitting.

I run 18x12 +10 with a 315/30/18 on my Karlton Flare Peanut Eye
WRX8XB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:37 PM   #3635
BootsJunkie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 322862
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: North Jerz
Vehicle:
05 STi
WRB

Default

+1 for "bumperpusherouters"

That's the only time I get scrubbing too is @ full lock, on my 18x10.5 +13 on 295/30 setup so I gotta slightly extend my "pusherouters" a bit more.
BootsJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:19 PM   #3636
rrrrrrrz
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 493962
Join Date: Nov 2018
Default

Goals.. goals everywhere
rrrrrrrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:09 AM   #3637
BootsJunkie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 322862
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: North Jerz
Vehicle:
05 STi
WRB

Default

For reference, here's my DIY pusherouters V1.0 that I made from stuff I had laying around. At the top of the pic you can just barely see where the tire scrubs the bumper.



12"L angle iron, with a washer welded to the bumper side to get sandwiched between my lip and bumper bolt, and an M8 bolt (I believe) welded to the other side going thru the hole the fender liner used to attach to.
BootsJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 12:10 AM   #3638
supsub
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 489743
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: San Francisco
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon / STi
Blue

Default Wide flares for 04 wagon

Hey all, I've done a bunch of reading & searching but I still have some questions.

I've got an '04 wagon with an STi drivetrain, the 10mm longer sedan axles (with sedan coilovers), and obviously wider wheels & tires. (Stock WRX wagon was 205, and I'd like the space to run 225 up to maybe 255ish.) I also don't want to run too high camber. I'm aiming to trim as much fender material as possible and figure I probably want at least 60mm width flares.

As far as I can tell, Karlton isn't around anymore and the various repros vary in quality. What's the preferred source for quality flares nowadays (to fit an 04 wagon, which I know isn't typical)?

This may be sacrilege, but I'm also curious if anyone makes larger-diameter flares too. Having clearance to run a couple inch larger diameter tires (with the suspension raised) for extra clearance in winter snow would be a nice bonus.
supsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 02:12 AM   #3639
Motivatedtuna
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 481251
Join Date: Jan 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supsub View Post
Hey all, I've done a bunch of reading & searching but I still have some questions.



I've got an '04 wagon with an STi drivetrain, the 10mm longer sedan axles (with sedan coilovers), and obviously wider wheels & tires. (Stock WRX wagon was 205, and I'd like the space to run 225 up to maybe 255ish.) I also don't want to run too high camber. I'm aiming to trim as much fender material as possible and figure I probably want at least 60mm width flares.



As far as I can tell, Karlton isn't around anymore and the various repros vary in quality. What's the preferred source for quality flares nowadays (to fit an 04 wagon, which I know isn't typical)?



This may be sacrilege, but I'm also curious if anyone makes larger-diameter flares too. Having clearance to run a couple inch larger diameter tires (with the suspension raised) for extra clearance in winter snow would be a nice bonus.


I have a 2006 sti currently with black carbon fiber karlton fender flares- they were getting old and a little damaged so I ordered some from subyflares, you can search that on Facebook. I dropped the car off at a local shop to get fitted and painted. I will report back if they work or not, the guy said if the subyflares lack, I could get my carbon fiber ones fixed up and reinstalled... guess I'll see how it goes on Monday..

Currently running 265/35/18 enkei rpf1s
Motivatedtuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 09:19 PM   #3640
supsub
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 489743
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: San Francisco
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon / STi
Blue

Default thanks

thanks, dropped subyflares an email, hopefully will hear back soon.
supsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 07:12 PM   #3641
SubeeWRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 351733
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Oregon
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
Sonic Yellow

Default

Update for anyone still interested in Subyflares, Keith is letting the business go to a local body shop to continue the production. Hopefully all goes well for those that don’t have flares yet!
SubeeWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 12:16 AM   #3642
supsub
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 489743
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: San Francisco
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon / STi
Blue

Default

Yeah, my email got forwarded to the new shop, and I just got a reply back from the new business's email, which is [email protected]. Looks like it's the same pricing still, $650 + shipping.
supsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 01:05 AM   #3643
Willywill_sti
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 464146
Join Date: Mar 2017
Default

My 07 sti
Willywill_sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 08:22 AM   #3644
baracus99
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 424602
Join Date: Jun 2015
Default Question.

Are the subyflares worth the extra $250 VS. The ones on rallytech? Jus wondering if anyone knows forsure before I decide. Thanks
baracus99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 02:32 PM   #3645
Zombie Panda
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 425346
Join Date: Jul 2015
Chapter/Region: South East
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baracus99 View Post
Are the subyflares worth the extra $250 VS. The ones on rallytech? Jus wondering if anyone knows forsure before I decide. Thanks
They all fit like ****. Keith is a d-bag that doesn't back up his product. You're better off going a totally different direction.
Zombie Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:35 AM   #3646
BootsJunkie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 322862
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: North Jerz
Vehicle:
05 STi
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baracus99 View Post
Are the subyflares worth the extra $250 VS. The ones on rallytech? Jus wondering if anyone knows forsure before I decide. Thanks

This entire thread is showcasing exactly how much trimming/modding/cutting/grinding and customizing is needed for the more expensive option, I'd hate to see what the fitment is like on the cheaper ones


If you're expecting these to fit 100% like a glove out of the box, you're gonna have a bad time.
BootsJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 12:00 PM   #3647
Zombie Panda
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 425346
Join Date: Jul 2015
Chapter/Region: South East
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsJunkie View Post
This entire thread is showcasing exactly how much trimming/modding/cutting/grinding and customizing is needed for the more expensive option, I'd hate to see what the fitment is like on the cheaper ones





If you're expecting these to fit 100% like a glove out of the box, you're gonna have a bad time.

You would think parts that cost $650 would fit better than some $200 eBay junk. Just not the case here. I wish I'd never sold my OG Karltons. They fit so much better than Keith's.

Oh well. Too deep in to go back now LOL
Zombie Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:17 PM   #3648
DSTi06
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 370892
Join Date: Oct 2013
Vehicle:
2006 STi
WRB

Default

I have a flared 06. Just wondering What size wheel would just fit inside the fender flares. No camber or anything. just not sure what size. I’m running 18x10 +18 right now and I run a little camber so the tire doesn’t hit flare and crack. Like it did one time and had to get it fixed haha Thanks
DSTi06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:06 PM   #3649
Zombie Panda
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 425346
Join Date: Jul 2015
Chapter/Region: South East
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTi06 View Post
I have a flared 06. Just wondering What size wheel would just fit inside the fender flares. No camber or anything. just not sure what size. I’m running 18x10 +18 right now and I run a little camber so the tire doesn’t hit flare and crack. Like it did one time and had to get it fixed haha Thanks




This is an 18x10.5 +25 with 295/30-18 tires. I will need about 15-20mm spacer to make these sit flush.
Zombie Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 01:14 PM   #3650
DSTi06
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 370892
Join Date: Oct 2013
Vehicle:
2006 STi
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Panda View Post



This is an 18x10.5 +25 with 295/30-18 tires. I will need about 15-20mm spacer to make these sit flush.


Thanks looks good!
DSTi06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2019 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.