Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday May 23, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > News & Rumors > Non-Subaru News & Rumors

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2019, 09:37 AM   #776
Straight6
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 419593
Join Date: Apr 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rYche View Post
I'm holding out hope Guess we'll see next year?
It is pretty much confirmed. Two versions, 228-268 hp range. I believe the latter is IS38 based. They are keeping EA888 gen 3 with minor tweaks for MK8. Manual and 7 DSG. We should see official photos and specs soon enough. GTI performance spec or whatever you want to call it is the one with 268 hp. Same engine as the Arteon. Can anyone confirm that this EA888 in the Arteon has the IS38 ?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 03-30-2019, 12:11 PM   #777
Kostamojen
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 2272
Join Date: Sep 2000
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Fire Caves
Vehicle:
2018 Type-RA 196/500
1999 OBS Camo Wagon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oichan View Post
If DSG I'd go for the S3.
The Golf R has way better seats, interior space, cargo space, and interior quality than the S3. Its also $10k less.

If you want a "better Golf 4" that would be an Audi TTS. Less weight, super nice interior, great seats, weighs less, has front camber adjustment and wider wheels/tires too.
Kostamojen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 04:42 PM   #778
n2oiroc
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 141952
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: milwaukee'ish
Vehicle:
18 golf arrrr!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostamojen View Post
The Golf R has way better seats, interior space, cargo space, and interior quality than the S3. Its also $10k less.

If you want a "better Golf 4" that would be an Audi TTS. Less weight, super nice interior, great seats, weighs less, has front camber adjustment and wider wheels/tires too.
biggest difference to me was the suspension. the s3 magnetic shocks just ride like garbage, even on comfort. i prefer the s3 styling, but everything else is better on the golf r.
n2oiroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 05:07 PM   #779
oichan
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 492327
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: A garage in the Midwest
Vehicle:
2019 WRX / 16 STI
2017 Golf-R, etc

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostamojen View Post
The Golf R has way better seats, interior space, cargo space, and interior quality than the S3. Its also $10k less.

If you want a "better Golf 4" that would be an Audi TTS. Less weight, super nice interior, great seats, weighs less, has front camber adjustment and wider wheels/tires too.
I don't care about cargo space or price difference, but hummmm.. I thought the S3's interior was about as nice as my Golf-R's when my buddy let me drive his.. was the top trim one, Prestige I think it was called.

But I would not purposefully buy another AT car for me, so I'll be driving my Golf-R for a while.. My next car will be the next gen STI.
Will probably get a Forester between now and my next STI for my wife and I to share when we go to these rough-ish areas for lunch and dinner.
oichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 05:22 PM   #780
4S-TURBO
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 67807
Join Date: Aug 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: college campuses everywhere
Vehicle:
,,|, alpha victim
performance art

Default

For $57k I’d just go with the RS3. Seats engine everything an upgrade.
4S-TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 06:01 PM   #781
[email protected]
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 67
Join Date: Jul 1999
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego, CA
Vehicle:
1999 Outlasting
the competition.

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk5039 View Post
Any reason youíre moving on? Iím thinking an MK8 R is my future when they drop. Curious what your thoughts are on the MK7 R.
LOVED the car, Never drove it. I got all the 3D scans and data points i needed off the car. Now its time to sell.
tom@kartboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 06:01 PM   #782
[email protected]
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 67
Join Date: Jul 1999
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego, CA
Vehicle:
1999 Outlasting
the competition.

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostamojen View Post
Want a Type-RA?
Hmmmmm.
tom@kartboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 08:58 AM   #783
Skylab
n00b Moderator
Moderator
 
Member#: 4263
Join Date: Feb 2001
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Encinitas
Default 2018 Volkswagen Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
LOVED the car, Never drove it. I got all the 3D scans and data points i needed off the car. Now its time to sell.

Sweet, canít wait for the overpriced garbage short-shifter for my R.
Skylab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 09:10 AM   #784
john_knoxville
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 109568
Join Date: Mar 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oichan View Post
Will probably get a Forester between now and my next STI for my wife and I to share when we go to these rough-ish areas for lunch and dinner.
biker bars?
john_knoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 12:55 PM   #785
Kostamojen
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 2272
Join Date: Sep 2000
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Fire Caves
Vehicle:
2018 Type-RA 196/500
1999 OBS Camo Wagon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hmmmmm.
Trade maybe? 50% serious
Kostamojen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 01:21 PM   #786
heavyD
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 194216
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Vehicle:
2018 M2 LCI

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post
Sweet, can’t wait for the overpriced garbage short-shifter for my R.
I loved the Kartboy short shifter on my STI. Maybe the best or 2nd best short shifter I've ever installed.
heavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 10:02 PM   #787
Skylab
n00b Moderator
Moderator
 
Member#: 4263
Join Date: Feb 2001
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Encinitas
Your NASIOC Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD
I loved the Kartboy short shifter on my STI. Maybe the best or 2nd best short shifter I've ever installed.

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho...artboy+garbage


Skylab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 10:27 PM   #788
oichan
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 492327
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: A garage in the Midwest
Vehicle:
2019 WRX / 16 STI
2017 Golf-R, etc

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_knoxville View Post
biker bars?
Yeah, that and inner city. Some areas are pretty rough..
oichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 10:35 PM   #789
n2oiroc
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 141952
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: milwaukee'ish
Vehicle:
18 golf arrrr!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4S-TURBO View Post
For $57k Iíd just go with the RS3. Seats engine everything an upgrade.
The problem with most audis is that the ones with few options are next to impossible to find. Dealers always order them loaded up so that $57k car ends up being $65k.
n2oiroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 10:25 AM   #790
Pre
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 139693
Join Date: Feb 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_knoxville View Post
biker bars?
Blue Oyster bar?
Pre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 11:18 AM   #791
dwf137
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 161333
Join Date: Oct 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle
Vehicle:
'18 Golf R
'14 Outback

Default

I'll say that it kind of concerns me that an aftermarket supplier buys a car, 3D scans their car, then just sells it. On the flip side, the number of APR engineers and owners who drive MQB chassis cars gives me more confidence that they're testing, use, and stand behind their own products. Sure, there's lots of complaints out there, but there's always issues and people vocalize complaints way more than compliments.

When I've bought aftermarket parts from aftermarket manufacturers who aren't enthusiasts of the cars that they sell parts for, **** doesn't work well. Parts don't line up be cause they only tested one car instead of seeing what tolerances exist. They also don't have the car to keep making tweaks as they receive feedback. They're just not engaged. They're there for the profit and that's about it.

I'll stick to manufacturers who are more committed to the chassis...
dwf137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 11:39 AM   #792
4S-TURBO
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 67807
Join Date: Aug 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: college campuses everywhere
Vehicle:
,,|, alpha victim
performance art

Default

4S-TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 11:47 AM   #793
Sid03SVT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 183032
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: CT
Vehicle:
OLD Family Wagon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre View Post
Blue Oyster bar?
remember, it takes two to tango.
Sid03SVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 01:59 PM   #794
[email protected]
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 67
Join Date: Jul 1999
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego, CA
Vehicle:
1999 Outlasting
the competition.

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwf137 View Post
I'll say that it kind of concerns me that an aftermarket supplier buys a car, 3D scans their car, then just sells it. On the flip side, the number of APR engineers and owners who drive MQB chassis cars gives me more confidence that they're testing, use, and stand behind their own products. Sure, there's lots of complaints out there, but there's always issues and people vocalize complaints way more than compliments.

When I've bought aftermarket parts from aftermarket manufacturers who aren't enthusiasts of the cars that they sell parts for, **** doesn't work well. Parts don't line up be cause they only tested one car instead of seeing what tolerances exist. They also don't have the car to keep making tweaks as they receive feedback. They're just not engaged. They're there for the profit and that's about it.

I'll stick to manufacturers who are more committed to the chassis...
Eh. I have enough customers and friends to send out samples. It's usually what ive done for the past 20 years in business. I dont borrow customers cars like a lot of shops do for first article prototypes. I bought the car outright, had it for about a year and now ive gotten what i needed out of it. I've had a ton of people come by and check it out. My gut says it should be sold within the next week or two. With the money back, some new machinery will fill that spot for new products..
T
tom@kartboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 02:03 PM   #795
[email protected]
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 67
Join Date: Jul 1999
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego, CA
Vehicle:
1999 Outlasting
the competition.

Default

tom@kartboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 02:38 PM   #796
4S-TURBO
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 67807
Join Date: Aug 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: college campuses everywhere
Vehicle:
,,|, alpha victim
performance art

Default

I joined for slippery aerodynamics
4S-TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 09:54 PM   #797
Skylab
n00b Moderator
Moderator
 
Member#: 4263
Join Date: Feb 2001
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Encinitas
OMGHi2U


When OT makes me actually LOL, it's not wasted time.

Skylab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:05 PM   #798
n2oiroc
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 141952
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: milwaukee'ish
Vehicle:
18 golf arrrr!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
LOVED the car, Never drove it. I got all the 3D scans and data points i needed off the car. Now its time to sell.
any plans on dsg paddles?
n2oiroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 01:40 PM   #799
dwf137
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 161333
Join Date: Oct 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle
Vehicle:
'18 Golf R
'14 Outback

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Eh. I have enough customers and friends to send out samples. It's usually what ive done for the past 20 years in business. I dont borrow customers cars like a lot of shops do for first article prototypes. I bought the car outright, had it for about a year and now ive gotten what i needed out of it. I've had a ton of people come by and check it out. My gut says it should be sold within the next week or two. With the money back, some new machinery will fill that spot for new products..
T
And that's fine. That's a business choice. I am personally just more likely to spend money on a company that is more dedicated to the platform... I would hope to see more than just a half a year of R&D on aftermarket parts. Then again, the only part I see so far is endlinks, so probably not a lot more R&D necessary there... But if you get further into engine mounts, short shifters, etc. I'd expect to see some more miles put on a prototype car. I don't like being the guinea pig when I'm spending money...
dwf137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 08:16 PM   #800
n2oiroc
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 141952
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: milwaukee'ish
Vehicle:
18 golf arrrr!

Default

finally got some good use out of the hatch. first time i hauled something in it that wouldnt fit in my old wrx.

n2oiroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2019 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.