Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday November 21, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-20-2019, 01:47 AM   #1
gfxguy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 316583
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2014 STI Hatch
ISM

Default CHSKY Power Window Module Install Guide for 08-14 WRX/STI

Inspired by a post I saw in the Forester forums, I decided to take a chance and order this for my 2014 STI: CHSKY Auto Car Power Window Roll up Closer For Subaru Impreza 2009-2012 Car Alarm Systems DC 12V Remotely Close Window Closer
(Catchy innit?)

I just installed it today so I haven't done much more than test it out, but so far so good. Here's what it does:
  • Rolls up the windows when you lock the car
  • Lock-unlock-lock rolls the windows down a crack for ventilation while parked
  • Unlock-lock-unlock rolls the windows down for airing out the car before getting in
  • All four window controls in the driver's side door get "AUTO" functionality.
Installation is pretty straightforward except that no instructions are provided and you have to splice three wires that are only labelled in Chinese. So, I figured I'd make a quick guide.
  • Disconnect your battery ground terminal, to be safe.
  • Take off the driver's side door panel. See
    for instructions.
  • Take the module's wiring harness and connect it to the male plugs that were connected to the door controls. Don't connect the other ends yet (unless for testing) -- you'll need to feed them through the door card when putting things back together.
  • Also plug in the harness into the module box. There's only one way to connect things so you can't screw this up.
  • You should have three wires left over that aren't connected to anything. They'll probably have white heat-shrink near the end with Chinese writing. One of them should say 12V so that's pretty obvious (this one was red for me). I ran the other two through the Google Translate app and got "Central locking lock line" for the grey one and "Lock line control lock" for the purple one.

After poking around with a multimeter I found that the plug to the door lock controls has a 12V wire (white with a green stripe in my car). Using trial and error I found that the grey wire needs to connect to the top lock plug wire (red with dark green stripe) and the purple wire connects to the lower lock plug wire (light green with yellow stripe). For testing I just shoved the wires into the backs of the plugs, hooked everything up, and gave it a go.

• Splice into the wires using your preferred method. I don't trust wire taps so I used a solderless "Westinghouse split": I stripped off about 3/4" of insulation of the wire I'm tapping into, split the conductors, fed the other wire through the hole, twisted it around the first wire, wrapped it in electrical tape, and cinched it tight at the joint with a zip tie and another one as stress relief about an inch up the wires.

• You now need to mount the box somewhere. I picked a spot on the door card near the back of the door (see pics). The module includes some pretty sticky velcro so hopefully it'll hold there.

• (Optional) I wrapped the fuse holder using my trusty anti-rattle felt tape (should come standard with every Subaru).

• Put everything back together, reconnect your battery, and enjoy.

Last edited by gfxguy; 09-20-2019 at 02:06 AM.
gfxguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2019, 11:29 AM   #2
Muffin15
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 326958
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza 2.5i
San Remo Red

I didn't know anyone made add-on modules for something like this, but this seems kind of neat and super simple to install. How well does it function? Never bought anything of aliexpress before, but I wouldn't be opposed to giving this a shot if it seems legit!
Muffin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 12:05 PM   #3
gfxguy
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2014 STI Hatch
ISM

It was my first time ordering from Aliexpress too. They take PayPal which gives a bit of protection. Shipping took about three weeks.

Iíll report back after Iíve used it for a few more days but it seems to work well so far.
Old 10-09-2019, 01:47 PM   #4
gfxguy
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2014 STI Hatch
ISM

It's been almost three weeks and no issues so far. Small detail is that the auto function on the passenger windows functions a little differently than the driver window (the passenger windows are easier to stop, which is good), but that makes it hard to lower the driver and passenger windows down together and have them stop at the same spot. Not a big deal, and not really that different than how it was before.

Overall, I'm digging the small conveniences that this thing offers.