Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday November 12, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 10-18-2019, 05:06 PM   #1201
SxyRexy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 496255
Default Clean whip

Very clean, I would love to do a ceramic coat for my Rex so it looks like that all the time
SxyRexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2019, 11:32 PM   #1202
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru

Member#: 338329
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Stopped on my way home from work today to snap a few autumn pics.

ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 08:16 PM   #1203
Drivez
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 280995
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2019 STi
Crystal Black Silica

Took me the better part of today to read through your build journal, awesome stuff! You're really making me 2nd guess not getting Lapis Blue haha. Subscribed to see the progression of your build from here.

What camera are you using to take your photos? They're drool-worthy
Drivez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 09:05 PM   #1204
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivez View Post
Took me the better part of today to read through your build journal, awesome stuff! You're really making me 2nd guess not getting Lapis Blue haha. Subscribed to see the progression of your build from here.

What camera are you using to take your photos? They're drool-worthy

Thanks for the kind words and reading all the way through. I donít keep up on the journal as much as I used to, but try to keep everyone in the loop.

In the beginning, I used my good dslr, but I donít have the time I used to have so most of the pictures here at shot from my iPhone haha.
Old 11-06-2019, 02:47 PM   #1205
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Few more snaps from this week

Also, check out my latest video to see what Iím up to.

Old 11-07-2019, 12:04 PM   #1206
DarkGreyMetallic
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 487896
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
Dark Grey Metallic 6MT

I'd go seats or diffuser. These are my favorite wheels so I think you're good there. C-lights would look good but non-black/grey housings usually look a little rice. Maybe more alcantara or mounts/bushings?
DarkGreyMetallic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 12:17 PM   #1207
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGreyMetallic View Post
I'd go seats or diffuser. These are my favorite wheels so I think you're good there. C-lights would look good but non-black/grey housings usually look a little rice. Maybe more alcantara or mounts/bushings?
Seats are my number 1 option at the moment. Pricest option too, go figure.

The wheels are great, but I've had them for 2 years so I'm over the look. Still enjoy them, but wheels really change the whole look of the car. Anytime I switch, it makes me fall in love with the car even more since it gives a whole new perspective.

I would be painting the bezels gloss black and a dark gunmetal around the projector. I wouldn't be painting them 'non black or grey'.

Mounts and bushings are too much for a daily. I am just fine with how the car feels currently. Only suspension part I would be looking to do are rear control arms to dial in the suspension more.

I do want a few more alcantara pieces done by Overland. They are on the "list"
Old 11-07-2019, 01:19 PM   #1208
DarkGreyMetallic
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 487896
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
Dark Grey Metallic 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyFreak86 View Post
I would be painting the bezels gloss black and a dark gunmetal around the projector. I wouldn't be painting them 'non black or grey'.
Ah, I must've missed that in the video. That'd look really good
DarkGreyMetallic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 01:14 PM   #1209
Dalessio
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 358693
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2013 STI Hatchback
Dark Grey Metallic

I think some work on the headlights would be a solid upgrade. The black housing on the WRX Limited/STIs look pretty good from the factory, but the amber sidemarker always bothered me on mine and painting them would definitely enhance the front end.

For the back end, did you consider the OEM (or aftermarket) exhaust finishing trim? That might help tie it together if you wanted to hold off on the diffuser (or in addition to). I'm not a fan of the sheet metal ones diffusers everyone and their brother on Instagram runs, I think they cheapen the look of the car, but I hear you on the authentic pieces (Varis etc) being pricey.

And this is definitely just my opinion that I know some might disagree with, but I would prefer to keep my OEM heated seats for a daily - unless you're planning on going full show/track build...then definitely Recaros!
Dalessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 01:19 PM   #1210
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalessio View Post
I think some work on the headlights would be a solid upgrade. The black housing on the WRX Limited/STIs look pretty good from the factory, but the amber sidemarker always bothered me on mine and painting them would definitely enhance the front end.

For the back end, did you consider the OEM (or aftermarket) exhaust finishing trim? That might help tie it together if you wanted to hold off on the diffuser (or in addition to). I'm not a fan of the sheet metal ones diffusers everyone and their brother on Instagram runs, I think they cheapen the look of the car, but I hear you on the authentic pieces (Varis etc) being pricey.

And this is definitely just my opinion that I know some might disagree with, but I would prefer to keep my OEM heated seats for a daily - unless you're planning on going full show/track build...then definitely Recaros!
Yeah, I would just be upgrading the C lights and changing over the amber corners to smoked. Paint work I am iffy on, so most likely will just get the c lights and reflectors completed and call it done.

yes, I am actually placing an order right now for some CF bits and one of which is the exhaust finisher trim. I too am not a big fan of the sheet metal diffusers, but found the versus one to be someone do-able. Doesn't look as obnoxious as the others out there. Most likely this is something I'll never end up doing because there isn't 1 option out there that gets me excited.

It's a daily and will always be a daily. The stock seats are extremely firm, uncomfortable, and sit way too high. I would be getting recaro sporster cs's or gt's which have airbag and heat options you can add from Recaro. So all the stock 'option' would still be there. I would just have more bolstering, more comfort, and have a much better driving position. These seats also have an adjustable back, so they aren't fixed seats. I've done the fixed seat thing in a daily and it got old real quick.
Old 11-09-2019, 02:30 AM   #1211
Dalessio
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 358693
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2013 STI Hatchback
Dark Grey Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyFreak86 View Post
It's a daily and will always be a daily. The stock seats are extremely firm, uncomfortable, and sit way too high. I would be getting recaro sporster cs's or gt's which have airbag and heat options you can add from Recaro. So all the stock 'option' would still be there. I would just have more bolstering, more comfort, and have a much better driving position. These seats also have an adjustable back, so they aren't fixed seats. I've done the fixed seat thing in a daily and it got old real quick.
Yeah I had the same seats in my WRX Limited, just without the red on them, and I'm right there with you. They're way too tall and I couldn't ever get really comfortable lol. So completely disregard what I said, I didn't know you could get Recaros with airbags and heaters, I say go for those!
Dalessio is offline   Reply With Quote