|01-23-2004, 12:25 PM||#1|
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: San Antonio, TexasVehicle:
My stereo has this peculiar noise coming through.
1. I checked all the grounds in relation to the headunit and speaker connections. Looks fine.
2. Replaced door speakers. Sound still present.
3. Replaced Headunit. Alpine9801. Sound still present
4. Ran new power&ground wires from battery to HU. Sound still present.
5. Disconnected alternator power wire. Sound still present.
6. Engine on or off sound still present (with alternator power wire connected and disconnected). Radio must be on tho.
7. Sound seems to coming out at a fixed volume. If I turn up the radio the noise gets drowned out.
8. Sounds is like the ringing of a phone. Doesn't seem to increaes or decrease with engine revs.
9. Sound is sparatic in interval. Comes and goes. If I open the driver door, turn cruise control on, foglights, or just about any electronic equipment it sometimes triggers the sound. But no single piece of electronics triggers the sound.
Sorry about the length and this is probably my 3rd or 4th post about this topic. Really seems as tho taking it to the dealer is the only way to go, however, if its a loose ground or disconnected wire somewhere I am hoping someone might know. Maybe suggestions or please reply with similar experiences and solutions. Thanks.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|OT electrical gurus - school me on electricity||-=C=-||Off-Topic||37||12-31-2014 03:17 AM|
|Will a Harbor Freight electric impact get the job done?||THansenite||Custom Fabrication, Welding & Tools||28||11-13-2010 01:53 AM|
|Question for the Electrically Inclined or Electricians/Electrical Engineers||nepawrx||Off-Topic||25||01-08-2010 02:57 PM|
|Electric Cars to be Made in China Based on Detroit Electric Drive Technologies||AVANTI R5||Non-Subaru News & Rumors||0||06-20-2009 09:24 AM|
|Electrical Formulas, Basic Electrical information, FAQs, and threads of note||GLwagon||Electrical & Lighting||2||01-23-2003 08:33 PM|