Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday December 12, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Miscellaneous > Off-Topic

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2017, 05:07 AM   #76
f22boy
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 464019
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: NC
Vehicle:
2017 Wrx
ISM

Default

I mean...I understand the wave when possible, but its not limited to subarus. I always (previous 95 civic) took the wave or nod as a "hey man, nice car". Couple focus st's and wrx's near my job that throw up a hand while driving. Its not the end of the world though, at least not to me.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
f22boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 09-17-2017, 05:13 AM   #77
n2oiroc
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 141952
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: milwaukee'ish
Vehicle:
16 wrx 17 cx-5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by f22boy View Post
I mean...I understand the wave when possible, but its not limited to subarus. I always (previous 95 civic) took the wave or nod as a "hey man, nice car". Couple focus st's and wrx's near my job that throw up a hand while driving. Its not the end of the world though, at least not to me.
Was the civic a 4 door automatic by chance? They are the best sleepers, especially if you swap a prelude rear axle in for aws.
n2oiroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 10:50 PM   #78
Rigid80sMTB
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 474556
Join Date: Sep 2017
Default

2nd day owning my '96 Impreza some dude on a sport bike pulled up next to me on the highway and gave me a thumbs up. Didn't expect to get that for an old 4 door L with bad white paint lmao
Rigid80sMTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 10:58 PM   #79
Calamity Jesus
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 44501
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Yeah, well, you know
Vehicle:
that 's, like, your
alternate facts, man.

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid80sMTB View Post
2nd day owning my '96 Impreza some dude on a sport bike pulled up next to me on the highway and gave me a thumbs up. Didn't expect to get that for an old 4 door L with bad white paint lmao
He wanted some tofu delivered.
Calamity Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 12:10 AM   #80
91 RS RA
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 457410
Join Date: Oct 2016
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Vehicle:
1991 Legacy RS RA
White

Default

If I waved at every Subaru driver in town I wouldn't have a chance to actually drive!!!!
Subaru is very popular here, especially the legacy wagons, it seems every third car is a Subaru of some sort.
I find if you cut people off the give you a nice way, I sometimes wave back too, they even seem to be saying something, but its hard to work out what they are saying from the rear view mirror - must be nice car dude
91 RS RA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 01:14 AM   #81
foothill
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 292246
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Ukraine
Vehicle:
2006 Yakuza
Mercedes

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91 RS RA View Post
If I waved at every Subaru driver in town I wouldn't have a chance to actually drive!!!!
Subaru is very popular here, especially the legacy wagons, it seems every third car is a Subaru of some sort.
I find if you cut people off the give you a nice way, I sometimes wave back too, they even seem to be saying something, but its hard to work out what they are saying from the rear view mirror - must be nice car dude
foothill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2017 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.