Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday January 22, 2021
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Care & Detailing

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-12-2021, 02:17 PM   #26
lefty o
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 512654
Vehicle:
2019 wrx
red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak6182 View Post
For those that did it themselves did you do it in a garage? I looked into it and some said you have to let it sit overnight without water sitting on it. Not sure how to pull that off given the trees over my driveway and the dew every morning.
i did it in my garage, and you really need good lighting. every coating i looked into said a minimum of 24 hours before it can get wet. i dont know if dew is covered under that, but worth investigating.
lefty o is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2021, 05:07 PM   #27
Mr. Boost
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 520001
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
WRB

Quote:
For those that did it themselves did you do it in a garage? I looked into it and some said you have to let it sit overnight without water sitting on it. Not sure how to pull that off given the trees over my driveway and the dew every morning.

I don't have a garage so I did my prep and application in a well-lit warehouse that I have access to. Used Gyeon CanCoat, which has a 12 hour cure time according to the manufacturer but is not as long lasting as some other coatings. Finished in the afternoon, drove home and parked outside, car got a little dewy overnight but it's held up fine.
Mr. Boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 02:11 PM   #28
altonka035
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 516299
Vehicle:
2019 STI
ISM

Quote:
I did it in a garage and let it sit for a few days. Talk to friends or family in the area and do it over a weekend?
altonka035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 05:14 PM   #29
Zak6182
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 481754
Vehicle:
2017 STi Base
Black

I have a buddy who is looking to do it as well. Maybe we'll rent a garage from one of those storage places for a month and split it. We both have garages but have no room in them. I recently moved from a 2 car oversized garage to a barely 1 car, with all my other crap, no room.

I do have a bottle of the CQuartz wheel and trim to try on my wheels. Problem is the last shop scratched them and I don't feel like wasting the product now.

For now I use Duragloss 111+601 twice a year (spray wax after washing) and it works great. I'm sure the ceramic will hold a "wet" look longer and be easier to clean though. Funny thing, I get asked a couple times a year if I use ceramic.
Zak6182 is offline   Reply With Quote