Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday September 20, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Tire & Wheel Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Tire & Wheel

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2019, 06:33 PM   #8276
evei0326
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 451587
Join Date: Jul 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disillusions View Post
I've been trying to nail down a definitive answer, but I keep getting conflicting information. I mounted a set of 18x9 +35 wheels, wrapped in 255/40s. I'm personally getting a bit of rub in the rear when I have weight in the back. It seems to be that little plastic hump on the underside of the rear arches. Aside from that, no other contact. All of this is on stock suspension

I've seen others say that they've fit my size, around my size, or even my size with bigger tires and zero modification. I've also seen, and been told, that rolling fenders is necessary. At this point I'm just confused, and wondering if there's anything I can do (not really a fan of rolling fenders) to get those wheels to work without rub. I've been thinking about a 255/35 to give myself a little extra clearance as well; but, any help that anybody can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

I want to know what you want to achieve with wheel tire combo.
My goal was to look like oem but wide as possible.

I looked up your setup with willtheyfit website.



""Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 13.7mm further away from the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 26.4mm more than before.""

(It think it's too much poke.) (255 is slightly taller than 245)

I have 255/40R18 with Stock bbs without issue.

""Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is the same distance from the suspension strut as your current wheel. The outer rim will poke out the same as before.""

I looked up all the tracked sti with 9.5 and saw pattern and did simillar thing.

By aligning backside of stock wheel and aftermarket wheel. so far no rub.



Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 1.4mm closer to the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 11.4mm more than before.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
evei0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 09-12-2019, 07:04 PM   #8277
evei0326
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 451587
Join Date: Jul 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoronaWRX View Post
Beautiful! That's a great set up and it looks great with the stock suspension!

Do you have any shots from directly behind or head on?
Like this???







evei0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:20 PM   #8278
evei0326
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 451587
Join Date: Jul 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoronaWRX View Post
Beautiful! That's a great set up and it looks great with the stock suspension!

Do you have any shots from directly behind or head on?
Like this???










evei0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:23 PM   #8279
evei0326
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 451587
Join Date: Jul 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoronaWRX View Post
Beautiful! That's a great set up and it looks great with the stock suspension!

Do you have any shots from directly behind or head on?
Like this???





evei0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 06:34 PM   #8280
CoronaWRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 431618
Join Date: Oct 2015
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Tucson, AZ
Vehicle:
2019 STI
CWP

Default

@evei0326 , thanks, yeah those pics work, I was trying to see how wide your 275's look, as most people seem to only run 265s.
CoronaWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 10:27 AM   #8281
evei0326
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 451587
Join Date: Jul 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoronaWRX View Post
@evei0326 , thanks, yeah those pics work, I was trying to see how wide your 275's look, as most people seem to only run 265s.
Just one more pic sorry.

evei0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 02:32 PM   #8282
disillusions
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341458
Join Date: Dec 2012
Vehicle:
2016 WRX Limited
LPB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evei0326 View Post
Hello,

I want to know what you want to achieve with wheel tire combo.
My goal was to look like oem but wide as possible.

I looked up your setup with willtheyfit website.



""Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 13.7mm further away from the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 26.4mm more than before.""

(It think it's too much poke.) (255 is slightly taller than 245)

I have 255/40R18 with Stock bbs without issue.

""Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is the same distance from the suspension strut as your current wheel. The outer rim will poke out the same as before.""

I looked up all the tracked sti with 9.5 and saw pattern and did simillar thing.

By aligning backside of stock wheel and aftermarket wheel. so far no rub.



Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 1.4mm closer to the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 11.4mm more than before.

I had this setup from a previous build that never got installed. I knew it would be aggressive, but since I found others running similar/wilder I thought it would be alright. My main goal is just to get rid of that super tucked look, while still maintaining a meaty wheel. At this point I'd rather not buy new wheels, but the rub is beginning to ribbon my sidewalls on huge dips.
disillusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:59 PM   #8283
CoronaWRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 431618
Join Date: Oct 2015
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Tucson, AZ
Vehicle:
2019 STI
CWP

Default

@evei0326, perfect thanks!
CoronaWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:55 AM   #8284
Oh2bugeye
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 451075
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Upstate New York
Vehicle:
2017 Wrx
WWBP

Default

Oh2bugeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2019 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.