Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday May 26, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-22-2010, 09:22 AM   #1
Franko
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 193628
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
2010 STI
SSM

Default Stock o2 reading concerns.

Ive got a wideband in my other car that I will be borrowing once summer rolls around again and the cars come out of storage. In the meantime last summer I checked out what the stock o2 reads under full load, Its at 11.8.. Now I have heard that the stock o2 is way off and now Im concerned that the engine could be too lean.

I have a keen ear for detonation and I have not heard any. Im always listening for it.

Thoughts on the 11.8 reading on the stock o2?
Franko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2010, 09:55 AM   #2
quazimoto
Scooby Guru

Member#: 70395
Chapter/Region: MAIC

Why don't you just worry about it once you have put the wideband on the car and go by that info? If you search you will find plenty of info on the stock O2 sensor.
quazimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:38 PM   #3
rkramer
Scooby Guru

Member#: 118209
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limitec

the ecu ignores the stock o2 sensor 100% at WOT. if the ecu ignores it, it is safe for you to ignore it also. (as you figured out, not really accurate outside of closed loop conditions)
rkramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:18 PM   #4
NSFW
Scooby Guru

Member#: 140444
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
05 Stage Free LGT
ATP 3076, 6MT, AVO FMIC

Check this out: http://www.iwsti.com/forums/cobb-str...lots-data.html

However, if you have an aftermarket downpipe with a bung between the turbo and the cat, you can put the stock sensor there. This gets it out of the high EGBP of the up-pipe, and allows it to read much closer to reality. However it still won't read lower than 11.1 or so. I've done this and so have a few other people.

Note that this may only apply to cars with 32-bit ECUs. I have heard that the sensor used by the 16-bit ECUs is the same, but I've also heard that it's different, so I dunno.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote