Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday September 23, 2021
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > News & Rumors

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2021, 12:20 PM   #626
fredzy
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 317270
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: PA
Vehicle:
15 WRX
and Sienna

Default

Correct, seems to be octogenarians
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 07-21-2021, 12:24 PM   #627
SCRAPPYDO
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 873
Join Date: Feb 2000
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: www.testdrivemylife.com
Vehicle:
2020 JEEP / Ascent
Datsun 71 240Z & 68 2000

Default

lots of Ageists in here today.

LOLOL
SCRAPPYDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 12:27 PM   #628
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Whitinsville, MA
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Lithium Red - OLDKID

Default

It's just how car manufacturing is these days. It costs too much money to build cars that don't sell. No room to throw darts over your shoulder. You better walk that shiii over to the bullseye and place it dead center.
chanomatik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 01:55 PM   #629
Scooby-Doode
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 28976
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: ANE Where
Vehicle:
2016 Step 2 Push
Buggy GT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredzy View Post
Correct, seems to be octogenarians
Didn't octomom do a porn video? I can totally see how Subaru is marketing to that crowd. Maybe this explains the wilderness branding. Who needs a bed when you can do hanky panky in the back of a raised wagon.

Heck a video like that may even make Subaru the brand to get with. Look how far the Kardashians have come.
Scooby-Doode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 02:46 PM   #630
vapore0n
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 21356
Join Date: Jul 2002
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Can't catch me!
Vehicle:
2017 Subaru Corolla
STI Limited SE-R Type (R)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby-Doode View Post
Didn't octomom do a porn video? I can totally see how Subaru is marketing to that crowd. Maybe this explains the wilderness branding. Who needs a bed when you can do hanky panky in the back of a raised wagon.

Heck a video like that may even make Subaru the brand to get with. Look how far the Kardashians have come.
dude, that octomom video was as cringey as the mr hands video

I cant believe I saw both
vapore0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 12:08 AM   #631
NighthawkSTI
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 495630
Join Date: Dec 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Drift View Post
I found this speculative article from January. Nothing official. https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterly...h=5fe0e7d42726

Either way, if this is the last "generation" that's ICE, it could be in production for 5-10 years.

Plenty of years to get a manual in the meantime.
No way the FA engines are going to last 10 more years,especially in the wrx and STI, given how fast manufacturers are scrambling to go electric in the high performance segment, probably not 5 either....the FA platform is already 7 years old, in 2025 it will be 10 years old in the U.S market......the big picture is 2025, maybe 2026,after that the FA engines will be very outdated(regardless of power output) and sti and wrx will be riding the lightning and transition to electric propulsion power. 4-5 more years absolutely tops for gas powered sti/wrx
NighthawkSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 12:28 AM   #632
4S-TURBO
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 67807
Join Date: Aug 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Flortlandia
Vehicle:
`v_` sideshows
and glock rounds

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NighthawkSTI View Post
No way the FA engines are going to last 10 more years,especially in the wrx and STI, given how fast manufacturers are scrambling to go electric in the high performance segment, probably not 5 either....the FA platform is already 7 years old, in 2025 it will be 10 years old in the U.S market......the big picture is 2025, maybe 2026,after that the FA engines will be very outdated(regardless of power output) and sti and wrx will be riding the lightning and transition to electric propulsion power. 4-5 more years absolutely tops for gas powered sti/wrx
The engine in your precious STI is still being sold.
4S-TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 07:18 AM   #633
RealDealTarheel
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 142447
Join Date: Mar 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Not so Fair...banks
Vehicle:
2019 Audi S3

Default

Well this is a change. Never thought I'd see the day when he would say that a Subaru engine WOULDN'T be in use in perpetuity.
RealDealTarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 08:13 AM   #634
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Whitinsville, MA
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Lithium Red - OLDKID

Default

FA engines, yes.

EJ engine? It'll always live on in our hearts.

And tattoos. #EJ4Lyfe
chanomatik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 08:56 AM   #635
SeeeeeYa
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 129681
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Default

Thought I heard a badazz Suby turn up my street yesterday. From the deep rumble it had to be an EJ STi. I snapped around to see it as I always do.

It was a utility truck.

Bummer.
SeeeeeYa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 09:27 AM   #636
Snow Drift
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 75071
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Long Island
Vehicle:
'19 xvPHEV,Tesla MY
05 08 11 WRX 18 STI 18TM3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4S-TURBO View Post
The engine in your precious STI is still being sold.
Yup. While I agree that EVs will eventually become dominant, the pace is very slow. Most manufacturers have merely released PowerPoint presentations and Adobe Illustrator images, not actually guaranteed volume production.
Snow Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 09:49 AM   #637
RealDealTarheel
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 142447
Join Date: Mar 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Not so Fair...banks
Vehicle:
2019 Audi S3

Default

The switch to EV has been brewing for a long time. The portions that the manufacturers can control will be relatively quick and smooth IMO. It's the infrastructure that requires political will, especially in places like California, that will cause the pain.
RealDealTarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 12:32 PM   #638
Masterauto
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 198376
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Delaware
Vehicle:
21 Pickuptrucknext
ACURA MDX

Default

Lavorge STI manual might make me a Wagon weenie
Masterauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 12:33 PM   #639
RealDealTarheel
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 142447
Join Date: Mar 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Not so Fair...banks
Vehicle:
2019 Audi S3

Default

No danger of that.
RealDealTarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 11:23 PM   #640
NighthawkSTI
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 495630
Join Date: Dec 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Drift View Post
Yup. While I agree that EVs will eventually become dominant, the pace is very slow. Most manufacturers have merely released PowerPoint presentations and Adobe Illustrator images, not actually guaranteed volume production.
dodge released a PR today confirming that the next Gen challenger and charger are going to be electric. both of which are getting old styling wise, and the engines are too, topped out power wise. The FA will be in the STI with most likely topped out reliable power right from the introduction model and for the next 4 years before we see subaru drop gas powered STI and WRX. EJ will forever be the dominant drivetrain in STI lineage and in the aftermarket. The FA is just the last hurrah, it will have a much shorter duty, it seems the FA going to.the STI is just to fill the gap for.a few years and bridge to electric powerplants

Last edited by NighthawkSTI; 07-23-2021 at 11:36 PM.
NighthawkSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 11:47 AM   #641
mcarb002
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324784
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seattle
Vehicle:
2019 Forester Sport

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrdogg24 View Post
lolwut says the forester driver..
Except my current car was kind of a forced situation and not something I seeked out. I would never consciously seek out any VW products.

Last edited by mcarb002; 07-24-2021 at 04:57 PM.
mcarb002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 06:47 AM   #642
SteveMc81
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 526383
Join Date: Sep 2021
Default

I know that no one has a crystal ball but when does everyone think we will start seeing the 2022 WRXs on the dealer lots?



When does Subaru usually open ordering up after a debut?


What does reserving one with my local dealership do for me?



This may be my first new car purchase ever and I am hoping I don't have to wait a year to get a 2022 in hand.
SteveMc81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 07:11 AM   #643
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Whitinsville, MA
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Lithium Red - OLDKID

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMc81 View Post
I know that no one has a crystal ball but when does everyone think we will start seeing the 2022 WRXs on the dealer lots?



When does Subaru usually open ordering up after a debut?


What does reserving one with my local dealership do for me?



This may be my first new car purchase ever and I am hoping I don't have to wait a year to get a 2022 in hand.
This isn't really the correct thread for these questions, but I'll indulge!

I pre-ordered my 2011 WRX back in Summer 2010. They premiered it at the New York International Auto Show in April 2010, I think, but I couldn't order it until May. I had the first and only 2011 WRX or even STI in the entire state of Alaska for a couple of weeks. Pretty surreal. The car arrived mid-August. Maybe after a month they got a steady supply of 2011 WRX and STI.

In... March? of 2012 I pre-ordered my 2013 BRZ Limited in black, along with a bunch of other friends. I waited 6 months to get my BRZ because black just wasn't a priority color. My other friends got their orders in well before me: silver, white, red and dark gray BRZs. I think the silver BRZ Premium arrived less than 3 weeks after we all ordered on the day orders opened. After that each person got their BRZ pretty much every week, one a week.

Pre-ordering a car only mostly guarantees that you'll get first dibs on the car with the features you want. However, this can be leveraged against you by the dealership because more than likely, after you see the car that YOU ordered with all of the features YOU want, you're more inclined to be roped around by the dealership's asking price since they have no obligation to sell that car to you. Both of my pre-ordered cars I was only offered MSRP and was told that they were being generous by offering me that. I think when I whined about the deal for my BRZ, the sales manager claimed he could sell it to some other guy. I don't know anyone who's ever liked a car dealership sales manager, even if the sales person is cool.

However, I know plenty of people who walked away with Invoice pricing by waiting after the hype died down and the dealership was just wanting to relinquish some of their inventory. My buddy paid Invoice price for a 2013 STI Limited sedan in white. If you're not locked to a time frame, features, color, etc, you will most certainly find a good deal. If you're picky like me, however, you might find it's worth it to pay extra for exactly what you want and what you'll have to live with. I know plenty of people that cheaped out and bought a base model of a car to save a grand or two, but always wished they had seat warmers, window defrosters, etc. etc.

All that being said, chip shortages and COVID have affected everything. I don't even think orders have opened up for the 2022 BRZ yet, and we saw that car almost a year ago. Reviews just dropped earlier this week, so orders should open up very soon. The 2022 WRX premiers next week, so expect orders to open up probably a month from then, and then they'll arrive on lots sometime in November or early December. I wouldn't be surprised if the WRX didn't hit dealer lots until the last week of December to early January.
chanomatik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 09:04 AM   #644
SteveMc81
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 526383
Join Date: Sep 2021
Default

I appreciate the response. Sorry for posting in the wrong spot. I am new to forums and it seemed like an appropriate place.
SteveMc81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 09:57 AM   #645
fredzy
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 317270
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: PA
Vehicle:
15 WRX
and Sienna

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
Pre-ordering a car only mostly guarantees that you'll get first dibs on the car with the features you want. However, this can be leveraged against you by the dealership because more than likely, after you see the car that YOU ordered with all of the features YOU want, you're more inclined to be roped around by the dealership's asking price since they have no obligation to sell that car to you. Both of my pre-ordered cars I was only offered MSRP and was told that they were being generous by offering me that. I think when I whined about the deal for my BRZ, the sales manager claimed he could sell it to some other guy. I don't know anyone who's ever liked a car dealership sales manager, even if the sales person is cool.
Mayne, this is def the right place for this kinda talk.

My 2015 WRX showed up in April '14 after a January '14 debut (I must have put in the "order" in January) so for the 2022 I'd guess Dec earliest, Jan more likely and potentially later depending on chip and Covid impacts.

Remotely relevant: I was hasty to get an order in with my local dealer, and got a "you should be happy we're giving you $500 off MSRP" kinda quip because it's so new etc. So I put $500 deposit. Meanwhile, I emailed a few of the bigger Subaru dealers within a couple hours, figured it couldn't hurt to see. Most were of the same mentality, but then I got a too good to be true "sure I'll give you invoice, and exactly what you want for your trade" response from one. I went with them, and when I asked for my deposit back from the local dealer (on a WRB Manual Limited, not exactly a lot warmer) they said sorry, non-refundable. So I mentioned this to the guy I was working with at the other place and he said 1. That's BS, 2. I'll give you an extra $500 for your trade and 3. Call your credit card company and refute the charges. I did call, and got the $500 back but still got the extra $500 for my trade from him.

I was especially nervous about the trade thing, figuring the too good to be true would become reality when they saw my car and they give me the business about it somehow. I had it clean as a whistle, probably most effort I put into it since I bought it and they barely even looked at it. Just a quick glance out the window to confirm that I rolled in with what I said I was coming with
fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 12:44 PM   #646
mcarb002
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324784
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seattle
Vehicle:
2019 Forester Sport

Default

I also got my 15’ in April 2014. Car was manufactured in February. So took 2 months to get to our shores from production date. With the current supply chain situation, I think it’s going to be a while. A buddy of mine ordered a Bronco and was told 6 months to a year for delivery. But not sure how comparable that is to Subaru.
mcarb002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 01:00 PM   #647
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Whitinsville, MA
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Lithium Red - OLDKID

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMc81 View Post
I appreciate the response. Sorry for posting in the wrong spot. I am new to forums and it seemed like an appropriate place.
I only mentioned about posting because some people get kinda bugged when questions are asked that aren't specific to the thread topic. They see a thread get bumped up and they hope for new information about the topic, only to be disappointed when it's either another question or just speculation.

I enjoy letting conversations go wherever they may go, so feel free to ask away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredzy View Post
Mayne, this is def the right place for this kinda talk.

My 2015 WRX showed up in April '14 after a January '14 debut (I must have put in the "order" in January) so for the 2022 I'd guess Dec earliest, Jan more likely and potentially later depending on chip and Covid impacts.

Remotely relevant: I was hasty to get an order in with my local dealer, and got a "you should be happy we're giving you $500 off MSRP" kinda quip because it's so new etc. So I put $500 deposit. Meanwhile, I emailed a few of the bigger Subaru dealers within a couple hours, figured it couldn't hurt to see. Most were of the same mentality, but then I got a too good to be true "sure I'll give you invoice, and exactly what you want for your trade" response from one. I went with them, and when I asked for my deposit back from the local dealer (on a WRB Manual Limited, not exactly a lot warmer) they said sorry, non-refundable. So I mentioned this to the guy I was working with at the other place and he said 1. That's BS, 2. I'll give you an extra $500 for your trade and 3. Call your credit card company and refute the charges. I did call, and got the $500 back but still got the extra $500 for my trade from him.

I was especially nervous about the trade thing, figuring the too good to be true would become reality when they saw my car and they give me the business about it somehow. I had it clean as a whistle, probably most effort I put into it since I bought it and they barely even looked at it. Just a quick glance out the window to confirm that I rolled in with what I said I was coming with
It's so annoying how each dealership handles situations. Subaru has tried to stay on top of the dealerships to help keep them consistent with the goal of aiding in customer retention. I've heard of dealers making deposits non-refundable, but mine have always been chill about it.

I think when I traded in my BRZ for my Impreza they barely looked at my BRZ, and it had almost 120k miles. It was in good shape, so I guess that was good enough for them. *shrug*
chanomatik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 02:01 PM   #648
Masterauto
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 198376
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Delaware
Vehicle:
21 Pickuptrucknext
ACURA MDX

Default

It's so annoying how each dealership handles situations. Subaru has tried to stay on top of the dealerships to help keep them consistent with the goal of aiding in customer retention. I've heard of dealers making deposits non-refundable, but mine have always been chill about it.
[/b][/quote]
Deposits almost always refundable as states laws override dealer or co. rules.
Masterauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 11:24 PM   #649
FromEvoToRS37
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 91396
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: PA philly area
Default

Any word of a send off special edition?
FromEvoToRS37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 11:39 PM   #650
Pre
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 139693
Join Date: Feb 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromEvoToRS37 View Post
Any word of a send off special edition?
Yep, right off the rip. Black body cladding on the front bumper, rear bumper (large portions), and the wheel arches. It’s going to be super special.
Pre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2021 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.