Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday October 13, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 03-25-2019, 01:44 PM   #1
flipflop214
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 499500
Default Flipflop214 daily driver STI build thread

Iím creating this thread to help newbies (like myself) who is looking for the ultimate comfort and style set up for their DD STi.
Background:
I owned an 08 Evo MR and set it up for daily driving. Unfortunately I got into an accident. The good thing is no one was hurt and the car did itís job in protecting myself and my 2 kids.

#redpill
Specs:
Garrett GTX3071R | AMS 3in Intercooler | AMS Intercooler pipes | Tomei Expreeme Ti Exhaust | AMS Widemouth DP | AMS Highflow Cat | Walbro Fuel Pump | DBA Rotors | Swift Springs w/ stock Bilsteins | VOLK TE37

All the work done by FFTec in the bay.
The handling of the Evo was, IMO, better out of the box than my STi (comparing apples to apples). The STi feels floaty in steering and bouncy (more harsh) than the Evo. Hence my build thread.
My goal is to create the most comfortable and best handling set up for my STi for daily use. Also, follow my Instagram (same user) for additional content if youíre into those sort of things.
Iím glad to be part of this community. I will be sharing all of the info I learned throughout this journey to help anyone who is looking to do the same thing to their daily driver.

Hereís a recent pic I took of my new STi

#bluepill

Any suggestions or feedbacks are welcomed as I am still learning and new to the Subaru platform.

Last edited by flipflop214; 03-25-2019 at 02:35 PM.
flipflop214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2019, 03:53 PM   #2
flipflop214
Scooby Newbie

First order of business was to fix the annoying off centered steering wheel.

Guys at serramonte Subaru are attentive and listened to my concerns. Hopefully that’s the end of that.. remains to be seen.
The car now drives like it’s suppose to.
Old 03-28-2019, 02:07 PM   #3
flipflop214
Scooby Newbie

update on the steering wheel being off centered:

It's STILL off centered! FML. I should have been more direct and adamant for them to check the tires when I was there. Now I'm going back the 2nd time to fix the same issue next week.

I did mention, when I dropped off the car, that I've been reading a lot of 2018 STI owners has been having the same issues with their cars. It's off putting to say the least, now I'm holding off on any wheels and suspension purchases until I get this issue resolved. fingers crossed.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:49 PM   #4
flipflop214
Scooby Newbie

Ok NASIOC... I'm still dealing with this off centered steering wheel. I have been super annoyed by the service dept at my local dealership, I feel like I've been getting the runaround or maybe they just dont know how to fix it.. At least that's my perception. They have had my car since the 3rd, smh.

I went on a test drive with a tech this past Saturday and did confirm the steering wheel is off centered to the right and the steering wheel has some"play". The steering head is at 0 and toe is at 0. Now they are suggesting to adjust the toe, still whithin spec of Subaru, to "fix" the issue. Should I be concerned? Any suggestions from Master Techs in this forum are welcomed. Am I just being anal AF?
Old 07-29-2019, 06:14 PM   #5
flipflop214
Scooby Newbie

18x9.5 +38 OG TE37
Old 07-29-2019, 10:25 PM   #6
96accord
Scooby Guru

Member#: 145105
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2007 Impreza WRX STi
'15 Accord (Daily)

Sexy!
96accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 01:03 AM   #7
flipflop214
Scooby Newbie

Thanks! These wheels are getting harder and harder to find. Got some other parts inbound. Excited to get everything on the car.
Old 08-25-2019, 12:28 AM   #8
flipflop214
Scooby Newbie

RCE Black
Blox LCA
HKS CBE
Volk OG TE37 wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sport

Last edited by flipflop214; 08-25-2019 at 11:36 AM.