Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 26, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-19-2017, 01:34 AM   #1276
turdwrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 469071
Vehicle:
2016 WRX Base
Grey

I have done a fair bit of reading through this forum but have a few questions.

I have never upgraded the sound system as I purchased my last car with a custom system already installed.

I dive a 2016 wrx base and immediately want to upgrade the sound system. I also want to stay on a tight budget. I am looking at buying a single 12" sub/box/amp used locally and want to upgrade sound quality also. I like the look and dont mind the functionality of the 2016 wrx stock hu. How can I upgrade the sound quality of the stock hu before I add the sub. I want to get the most out of my stock speakers safely. (although I will hopefully replace all speakers/tweeters long term)

Thanks in advance
turdwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2017, 11:26 AM   #1277
ISSAWRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 466464
Chapter/Region: Tri-State

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebu View Post
Anyone with a 2018 swap out their headunit yet?

The upper screen on mine lost a lot of the settings once the HU swap was done. The settings menu no longer has options to allow you to customize what information displays on each screen, and the maintenance option also disappeared.

All of the data is still there and all the different displays still work, but they cannot be adjusted anymore.

If anyone's curious as to what I'm referring to, I suppose I could make a video of it this week.
Did you ever figure out this issue?
ISSAWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:53 PM   #1278
jason-o
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 472799

Quote:
Originally Posted by phd12v View Post
at this time it will not allow the starlink to function, because there is data involved. They may have unplugged the starlink module because the front speakers run through it, which could have been left in, but jumped the front speaker wires out on the output side. We have all intentions of integrating it, but it will require an RR and a t harness that is coming soon. I dont know what they did in your install, so i am assuming they unplugged it. I have an 17 with SOS in it that we will be testing on here soon (forester XT) The wife just HAD to have this one but it will work out well since it is the same as what you have in the 18...... its just going to take a little bit of time to get it in the firmware and get it live

Hello,

Any luck on the test vehicle? I recently installed a new head unit and I'm having similar issues with the starlink system.
jason-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:01 AM   #1279
phd12v
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 432497
Vehicle:
16 Wrx Limited CVT
DGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason-o View Post
Hello,

Any luck on the test vehicle? I recently installed a new head unit and I'm having similar issues with the starlink system.

not yet
phd12v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 03:53 PM   #1280
Beebu
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 467076
Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISSAWRX View Post
Did you ever figure out this issue?
Yeah, it was me being a derp. Nothing to worry about.
Beebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:03 PM   #1281
BHOD
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 463264
Vehicle:
2016 WRX sport, 6MT
crystal BLACK silica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebu View Post
Yeah, it was me being a derp. Nothing to worry about.
Something to relate with the car moving or at rest?
BHOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:14 PM   #1282
SCMedic
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 148369
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2011 STi Sedan
www.gregfmoore.com

Can someone give me part numbers for this stuff?

I have a 2018 STI.

I want to install the Pioneer AVIC 4200(obviously know the part number), the Maestro for steering wheel controls, keep the backup camera, install a 4 channel amp and Focals in the doors. Local installer wanted $3200. I cane do the install, I just want to make sure I have all the right parts to make it work.
SCMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:46 PM   #1283
drewleague
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 474642

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMedic View Post
Can someone give me part numbers for this stuff?

I have a 2018 STI.

I want to install the Pioneer AVIC 4200(obviously know the part number), the Maestro for steering wheel controls, keep the backup camera, install a 4 channel amp and Focals in the doors. Local installer wanted $3200. I cane do the install, I just want to make sure I have all the right parts to make it work.
Youre looking at like $1k in parts, 3.2k is absurd lol. Im looking at less than 2k with very similiar highs/mids plus a SA12, worthy amp, custom box, and harnesses.

Are you asking about the harnesses you'll need? I see these guys get mentioned http://www.autoharnesshouse.com/49021b.html they dont list 2018 but you should be able to message them with your details.

Also try to buy the 4200 before end of month if you haven't already for an additional $100 rebate
drewleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:00 PM   #1284
SCMedic
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 148369
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2011 STi Sedan
www.gregfmoore.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewleague View Post
Youre looking at like $1k in parts, 3.2k is absurd lol. Im looking at less than 2k with very similiar highs/mids plus a SA12, worthy amp, custom box, and harnesses.

Are you asking about the harnesses you'll need? I see these guys get mentioned http://www.autoharnesshouse.com/49021b.html they dont list 2018 but you should be able to message them with your details.

Also try to buy the 4200 before end of month if you haven't already for an additional $100 rebate
Yeah. What Maestro do I need too? I've had a hard time finding the right one to keep the steering wheel controls. Also, do I need a harness for the backup camera?

Thanks man!
SCMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 04:06 PM   #1285
BHOD
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 463264
Vehicle:
2016 WRX sport, 6MT
crystal BLACK silica

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMedic View Post
Yeah. What Maestro do I need too? I've had a hard time finding the right one to keep the steering wheel controls. Also, do I need a harness for the backup camera?

Thanks man!
. Maestro SW
. Yes you need harness for back up camera. Contact SVXdc (ae64.com) if you are not in a hurry or the other link given before.
Cam need harness (included in the 28pin harness from ae64) AND you also need 12V->6V converter.

I don't have time to list you all the parts needed (8 to 10) but everything is listed in this thread.
BHOD is offline   Reply With Quote