Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday October 20, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Miscellaneous > Off-Topic

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 01:05 AM   #1251
SubieLuvin
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 248202
Join Date: May 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Sedan
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by REXMAN03 View Post
Almost the rearnakednipslip.
That's the first thing I noticed too haha.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SubieLuvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:40 AM   #1252
Tilapia
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 42454
Join Date: Aug 2003
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: AZ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper_AWD View Post
She did have that neck cranked rather well for a moment.

What neck? Cranked? WTF are you talking about. I see none of that.
Tilapia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:48 AM   #1253
TurboneX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 21676
Join Date: Jul 2002
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Pacific Northwet
Vehicle:
RX 02Foz90XT692SVX
Black

Default

I missed all the fights tonight, where can I watch highlights?
TurboneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:10 AM   #1254
WRXdonkey
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 105437
Join Date: Jan 2006
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: SEIC
Vehicle:
20xx STI
OBP/ICM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboneX View Post
I missed all the fights tonight, where can I watch highlights?
Just look for Grice vs. Bermudez, Faber vs Menjivar and the Rousey fight.

Those were the only noteworthy bouts, imo.

EDIT: OH! And Robertson's submission. Never seen it before, but it was fsking NASTY!
WRXdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:17 AM   #1255
ExHonda
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 170273
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Vehicle:
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Granite

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXdonkey View Post
Just look for Grice vs. Bermudez, Faber vs Menjivar and the Rousey fight.

Those were the only noteworthy bouts, imo.

EDIT: OH! And Robertson's submission. Never seen it before, but it was fsking NASTY!

Yep those are the ones worth watching.

Ya that like Hamstring pull sub looked painful. I probably couldn't streatch my leg like even under any favorable conditions.
ExHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #1256
Snoopy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 700
Join Date: Jan 2000
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: BANNED!
Vehicle:
99 Impreza RS
Silverthorn Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExHonda View Post
Machida is back to being boring and backpedaling...
Sweet Science.

Before it was appreciated by millions when boxing was the 2nd most popular sport in America. Sadly, even in MMA, it's not as appreciated.
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:29 PM   #1257
REXMAN03
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 192289
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Philadelphia
Default

I'm no Machida fan but this judo flip was nice.

REXMAN03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #1258
WRXdonkey
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 105437
Join Date: Jan 2006
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: SEIC
Vehicle:
20xx STI
OBP/ICM

Default

+1... Machida did what he had to in order to beat Hendo and Hendo gave it a hell of a shot. His game plan was great but he didn't land the bomb before the buzzer.

I hoped for more in that one but I got what I expected.
WRXdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #1259
burnera
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 56232
Join Date: Feb 2004
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: omaha
Vehicle:
89 325I
i don't know

Default

burnera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #1260
RR02wrx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 99614
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
12 STi Limited
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
Sweet Science.

Before it was appreciated by millions when boxing was the 2nd most popular sport in America. Sadly, even in MMA, it's not as appreciated.
Because the UFC fan base in large is a bunch of toolbag justbleed bros. If someone watches Machida fight and cant appreciate how technical and skilled he is then I feel bad for them. They should be watching the WWF, not mixed martial arts.

This Machida hate lately is just getting on my nerves. Hes not even one of my favorite fighters but he is great at what he does and I can appreciate that. I actually went to a bar last night to watch the fights (which I dont like doing) and, of course, there was some 40something fat loser screaming at the top of his lungs "SPEAK ENGLISH!!!" "YOU FIGHT LIKE A GIRL!!" "I HATE THIS GUY!! HES SUCH A *****!!!" the entire machida fight.
RR02wrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:52 PM   #1261
WRXdonkey
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 105437
Join Date: Jan 2006
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: SEIC
Vehicle:
20xx STI
OBP/ICM

Default

I don't think that's the majority... I think it's just an outspoken minority that is fueled by shamelessness and alcohol.

I feel guilty as a hardcore MMA fan when I say I don't give a damn that Fitch was let go... I could never say that for Machida because it's amazing to watch him reset and then strike like a snake as Hendo was coming in at him.

To avoid the H Bomb and lay some decent strikes on Dan is impressive... not to mention he took him down with that sweet assed trip at the end of round 1.
WRXdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:30 PM   #1262
WRXdonkey
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 105437
Join Date: Jan 2006
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: SEIC
Vehicle:
20xx STI
OBP/ICM

Default

WRXdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:09 PM   #1263
REXMAN03
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 192289
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Philadelphia
Default

REXMAN03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:40 PM   #1264
WRXdonkey
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 105437
Join Date: Jan 2006
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: SEIC
Vehicle:
20xx STI
OBP/ICM

Default

Rousey posted this after Ariel Helwani interviewed Meisha Tate and Cat Zingano and both broads said that they would have finished Rousey if they had her back like Liz did.



The video for reference:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=JLAotIP5Hi0

Rousey's got a sense of humor for sure.
WRXdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #1265
SubieLuvin
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 248202
Join Date: May 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Sedan
SWP

Default

She hangs out with the Diaz bros probably smokes a bunch of weed haha.
SubieLuvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #1266
The Dayman
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 84815
Join Date: Apr 2005
Vehicle:
2015 water n badass.
badass n water.

Default

I hope she gets hit by a truck.
The Dayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #1267
ExHonda
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 170273
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Vehicle:
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Granite

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR02wrx View Post
Because the UFC fan base in large is a bunch of toolbag justbleed bros. If someone watches Machida fight and cant appreciate how technical and skilled he is then I feel bad for them. They should be watching the WWF, not mixed martial arts.

This Machida hate lately is just getting on my nerves. Hes not even one of my favorite fighters but he is great at what he does and I can appreciate that. I actually went to a bar last night to watch the fights (which I dont like doing) and, of course, there was some 40something fat loser screaming at the top of his lungs "SPEAK ENGLISH!!!" "YOU FIGHT LIKE A GIRL!!" "I HATE THIS GUY!! HES SUCH A *****!!!" the entire machida fight.


I never said he wasn't good at what he does, and how he does it. He wins his fights and I never debated the ones he did. His game plan was exactly what was needed to beat Hendo with taking minimal damage and he succeeded.
I will strictly stand by my views that I don't find him entertaining to watch. His technical counter striking, placement and movement is great, it really is. But other than a few of his fights, his majority defensive fighting style doesn't interest me to watch. Without an aggressive opponent that goes after him we wouldn't have a fight.
Like Fitch, I don't find his wrestle grinding control fights entertaining either.

But I can understand how it may be hard for Machida to press the action with Joe Rogan hanging off his nuts so hard.
ExHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #1268
WRXdonkey
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 105437
Join Date: Jan 2006
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: SEIC
Vehicle:
20xx STI
OBP/ICM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dayman View Post
I hope she gets hit by a truck.
She would taco the rim via armbar in the first round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExHonda View Post
But I can understand how it may be hard for Machida to press the action with Joe Rogan hanging off his nuts so hard.
excellent
WRXdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #1269
Predwolf
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 54292
Join Date: Feb 2004
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Maple Ridge
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXdonkey View Post
I don't think that's the majority... I think it's just an outspoken minority that is fueled by shamelessness and alcohol.

I feel guilty as a hardcore MMA fan when I say I don't give a damn that Fitch was let go... I could never say that for Machida because it's amazing to watch him reset and then strike like a snake as Hendo was coming in at him.

To avoid the H Bomb and lay some decent strikes on Dan is impressive... not to mention he took him down with that sweet assed trip at the end of round 1.
Exactly.

Those counter knees were BRUTAL, and hit way harder than a normal clinch knee thanks to Hendo's stepping into them. To react with a knee to the chest faster than the guy can get a punch out, that's just amazing. To do it multiple times in one round, it's insane.
Predwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:06 PM   #1270
RR02wrx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 99614
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
12 STi Limited
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExHonda View Post


I never said he wasn't good at what he does, and how he does it. He wins his fights and I never debated the ones he did. His game plan was exactly what was needed to beat Hendo with taking minimal damage and he succeeded.
I will strictly stand by my views that I don't find him entertaining to watch. His technical counter striking, placement and movement is great, it really is. But other than a few of his fights, his majority defensive fighting style doesn't interest me to watch. Without an aggressive opponent that goes after him we wouldn't have a fight.
Like Fitch, I don't find his wrestle grinding control fights entertaining either.

But I can understand how it may be hard for Machida to press the action with Joe Rogan hanging off his nuts so hard.
Thats fine. I wasn't directing my post at you, no need to get defensive. I've seen your posts, I know you understand the sport and have your own opinions on it like everyone else.

My post was just a rant fueled by the (in my opinion) undeserved hate Machida gets. The douchebag at the bar, and some comments I read on the MMA forums afterwards just pissed me off. I just dont think he deserves it. The guy at the bar was actually kind of funny though, he first made fun of Machida for not speaking english, then yelled for him to "Go back to Mexico!"
RR02wrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:31 PM   #1271
ExHonda
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 170273
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Vehicle:
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Granite

Default



Ok sorry about that.
ExHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:52 PM   #1272
Snoopy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 700
Join Date: Jan 2000
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: BANNED!
Vehicle:
99 Impreza RS
Silverthorn Metallic

Default

Machida was the wrong style for Hendo. Just like slick boxers tend to be the wrong style for sluggers (sometimes - Tyson was an exception)
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #1273
SubieLuvin
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 248202
Join Date: May 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Sedan
SWP

Default

CONFIRMED ON DANA WHITES TWITTER PETTIS VS ALDO FOR THE BELT

Woooooowhoooo
SubieLuvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:17 PM   #1274
ExHonda
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 170273
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Vehicle:
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Granite

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubieLuvin View Post
CONFIRMED ON DANA WHITES TWITTER PETTIS VS ALDO FOR THE BELT

Woooooowhoooo

Ya I heard this. Apperently Aldo was refusing to take the fight and Dana said something (loosely quoted) He doesn't get to choose, I am the boss and this fight is happening.
ExHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:19 PM   #1275
SubieLuvin
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 248202
Join Date: May 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Sedan
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExHonda View Post

Ya I heard this. Apperently Aldo was refusing to take the fight and Dana said something (loosely quoted) He doesn't get to choose, I am the boss and this fight is happening.
Not sure of many other options for him at this point.

Edit chad Mendez?
SubieLuvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2018 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.