Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Warranty Issues & SOA Problems

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-24-2007, 03:38 AM   #1
auto_x_jake
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 147019
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2006 WRX tr
WR Blue

Default WRX misfire at idle

Just a quick question. I have an '06 WRX tr and a while back I had a check engine light along with cruise control disabled. The codes were, if I remember right, cyl. 3 misfire and rich condition. I understand the rich condition due to the misfire, but when I took it to the dealer to have it checked out, the code cleared itself before the tech could check it out.

I myself am a technician, and left the code in. I just had it scanned at a local autozone to get specific DTC's. My car is still bone stock. What bothers me is that the code dissappeared some time between me dropping my car off at a local dealer and the tech driving the car to his bay.

Is this kind of thing a common problem? I did have to drive the car for about 3 days after the code set off the check engine light. I'm assuming that the car set all monitors with no problems and cleared the codes by itself.

I just want to know if it happens again. Should I worry or do I just clear the code and go?
auto_x_jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2007, 06:54 AM   #2
BryanH
Scooby Guru

Member#: 993
Chapter/Region: MAIC

Misfire codes that are bad enough to have the whole check engine light and blinking cruise indicator don't reset themselves. And they don't magically "go away".....the code was still in the computer. Maybe it got cleared by the reader at the autozone....that is my only guess.

And for the love of God do not just clear it and go...get it on record that you have a problem.
BryanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:04 PM   #3
auto_x_jake
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2006 WRX tr
WR Blue

The code was left in at autozone, and was still there, up until the tech got into my car, at least thats what it seems like. I pulled the car into the dealer's shop, with the light on and cruise disabled. When the tech scanned it, there was nothing in the computer, according to the service writer. What really pissed me off is that he accused me of disconnecting the battery. I understand where he was coming from, but I'm not that retarded. This has been boggling my mind for a while now. My car is running fine now, and no check engine light since. I just want to make sure this kind of thing isn't going to cause a problem once the warrenty is up.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:06 PM   #4
auto_x_jake
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2006 WRX tr
WR Blue

By the way, the dealer has it on record, and I have a copy of the work order myself. I am a technician training to be a machinist. I know the ins and outs of cars, but this thing really baffled me. I know that codes don't dissappear. I'm wondering if the tech at the dealer cleared the code by accident and tried to blame it on me.

I didn't realize how stupid that sounded last night when I wrote, just clear it and go. I do know better than that.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:45 PM   #5
CynicX
Scooby Guru

Member#: 48199
Vehicle:
06 WRX
WRB

^^^

Probably not by accident...

He probably wanted to reset the code to see if it would come right back on. But it didnt so they gave you one of the "Well, if it comes back on bring it back to us" deals....
CynicX is offline   Reply With Quote