Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-20-2017, 07:36 PM   #1
msspag
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 221916
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2000 2.5 RS
white

Default What is this electrical component?

I have a 2000 Impreza 2.5rs that I am doing a EJ207 swap. I was setting up a bracket to install the wastegate solenoid when I discovered this component that I can not identify. It is pt# 22012AA150. I looked it up on Subaru parts. It is called a "AY vacuum sensor. I cannot find it on the wiring diagram. Does anybody know what this part is and what it does?
Thanks Mario
msspag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2017, 12:21 PM   #2
BagRidersJohn
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 372859
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Wagon Ltd.
Sedan Wide Body UGM

That is the Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor. Sometimes it is located on the throttle body, sometime it is remote mounted which seems to be your case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAP_sensor
BagRidersJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 08:42 PM   #3
msspag
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2000 2.5 RS
white

Thanks, I guessed it had something to do with manifold pressure but I have never seen it mounted remotely and the description from Subaru has a lot to be desired. Again, thanks for your help. Mario
Old 11-24-2017, 11:34 PM   #4
msspag
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2000 2.5 RS
white

Default atmospheric pressure sensor

Upon further research, I think this is a atmospheric pressure sensor. There is a thread explaining its operation in the transmission forum. Basically, it has an effect on the air fuel ratio based on the altitude where the vehicle is driven.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:53 PM   #5
Charlie-III
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 30669
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
1998 Legacy 2.5GT
Silver Sleeper BK, 5MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagRidersJohn View Post
That is the Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor. Sometimes it is located on the throttle body, sometime it is remote mounted which seems to be your case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAP_sensor
Quote:
Originally Posted by msspag View Post
Upon further research, I think this is a atmospheric pressure sensor. There is a thread explaining its operation in the transmission forum. Basically, it has an effect on the air fuel ratio based on the altitude where the vehicle is driven.
Same thing, different words to call it.
It relates intake tract pressure to the ECU based on altitude, weather and how much draw the engine is doing on the intake system.

A bit different than a MAF which measures airflow past the sensor to determine what the ECU does in relation to fueling.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote