Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday September 23, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2006, 02:52 AM   #1
Davenow
Scooby Guru

Member#: 23676
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:

Default SSAutochrome TMIC installed today on 03 WRX

WOW, first off, I never expected such a nice TMIC for like 225 shipped (I think thats what he paid, it was less than 240 shipped I know that much)

The only thing that was a bit cheap looking were the side brackets where you bolt it down. The rest was very nice and the core looked great from the inside.

What was included

TMIC itself
Cast elbows with blue silcon hoses (thick walled too, NICE)
T BOLT CLAMPS! This is an awesome feature, they hold better, and they dont rip up your hoses.
Chrome pipes (the ones for the pcv system that go on the top front of the stock tmic) Which look real nice compared to the stock ones.
A free "HKS SSQV" copy bov. The odd part was it didnt include the fitting to mount it on the wrx intercooler, but hey, it was a free toss in, and the fitting is like 20 bucks on ebay.

Fitment was great. It dropped right in. It clears the hood fine, and from looking at the clearance, you should still be able to use the stock splitter, although we didnt.

I have pics, but its too late at night for me to take the time to shrink them down/host them and post them.
Ill get to that in a day or so.

All in all, you absolutely cant get a nicer TMIC for under 400 bucks or so, and you would have to be an idiot to pay more for an STI tmic which from a performance standpoint is hugely inferior to this piece.

Last edited by Davenow; 06-06-2006 at 01:30 PM.
Davenow is offline   Reply With Quote