Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday January 24, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Warranty Issues & SOA Problems

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-04-2018, 02:13 PM   #51
wangmauler
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 454822
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
White

Question

I also have this random misfire issue in my '13 wrx. For me it happens every 400-2000 miles or so, and it's the same random misfire in different cylinders.

Soldered all the contacts in the marked areas just to be sure. There was this guppy black sticky crap that someone stupidly put in there, some kind of sealant. It was all around the wires and even looked to be possibly breaking contact inside the crimps. I cleaned them and soldered the wires correctly, sealed them too.

After about 1200 miles, sure enough the check engine light popped on, with slightly rough idle, same code.

I did a leak down test, then a compression test, which both seemed to be normal, with compression being even throughout the 4 cylinders.

Any ideas?
wangmauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2018, 02:30 PM   #52
super_subie
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 344431
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
Black

just got the same code today P0300/PFFFE

I was on the way to work and at the stop light, the CEL, Crusie, and Traction Control lights all go up at the same time. The car drove fine to work, no misfire, no sluggish acceleration, nothing.

I've had the car since 2013 and i am the first and only owner of this car. I guess I'll pull the wiring harness this weekend and check out the soldering. Car is at 75k now and have done every service except the 75k service because it just turn 75k this past weekend. I was planning to take it in this labor day weekend for the 75k service but i guess now its going to end up being more than the 75k service
super_subie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 03:31 PM   #53
Bishop
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 59993
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
Ass, grass or cash
no one rides for free!!

Any more updated fixes to this guys? Got a buddy who's going through this exact problem.
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 02:45 PM   #54
SJSC1608NJ
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 388567
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2014 WRX Hatch
ISM

I still cant figure it out. I found 2 bad grounds I replaced. New wire harness from dealer, 4 sets of spark plugs. i guess maybe coil packs or the pins. gas and a match.
SJSC1608NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:08 PM   #55
Pandafactory
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 228349
Vehicle:
03 Impreza Wagon
White

Default 2013 WRX 53k P0300

2013 WRX 53k I ran into P0300 CEL along with cruise light. I purchased revised harness and installed. Code came back within 100 miles. Car is running perfectly fine. Subaru of America will not give me any resources on this issue. Not sure what to do. Intake appears happy and tight (Cobb short)
Pandafactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 04:48 PM   #56
SJSC1608NJ
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 388567
Vehicle:
2014 WRX Hatch
ISM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJSC1608NJ View Post
I still cant figure it out. I found 2 bad grounds I replaced. New wire harness from dealer, 4 sets of spark plugs. i guess maybe coil packs or the pins. gas and a match.
So like I said, I had found 2 bad ground wires. Both corroded and frayed. I replaced them, Cleared codes and its been a long time since the cell has been on for random misfires. So check all your ground wires.
SJSC1608NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:32 PM   #57
AcquaCow
Scooby Guru

Member#: 36838
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2001 B50 RSTi
2011 DGM WRX hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcquaCow View Post
So my 2011 has been misfiring at idle lately and I wandered upon this and the WRXForums thread.

I wiggled/flexed the harness while the shuddering was going on and it definitely has an affect. Guess I'll be un-looming it and cleaning all the pins and soldering that crimp...
Been over a year since my wiggling and massaging of that area of the harness. Misfires haven't come back.
AcquaCow is offline   Reply With Quote