Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 12-19-2016, 01:35 PM   #1
jerryb1988
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 343686
Vehicle:
2014 Impreza WRX
WR Blue Pearl

Default 2014 WRX Alternator search

Hello! I'm still fairly new to the forums, apologize if any protocol isn't followed.

Currently I have a 2014 WRX that is stock aside from a remote start and a pretty loud stereo system. I've been searching around to try and find a high output alternator for my year and have been unable to find anything.

What I have -
Headunit: Kenwood 9702s
Amps: KX2400.1 (subs, 2 ohms), KX400.4 (fronts, bridged), KX400.4 (rears, bridged)
Speakers: Kicker components (all 4 doors), Dual Comp R 12's in kicker box (subs)
Wiring: 0 guage, 200 AMP fuse at battery, running down quarter panel, through kick panel driver side, under step panels to trunk. Goes into a 30 farad cap, then to a DB block to power all 3 amps. Grounds are grounded in the trunk.

The sub amp was measured on a multi meter to be putting out 90v, 45 amps with a 2 ohm load, putting it just over 4,000 watts. The 4 channel amps are each capable of pushing about 525 watts per documentation provide by kicker.

The stock alternator seems to be unable to keep up. I'm looking to replace it with a higher output alternator. At the same time, the big 3 alternator wiring upgrade would also be performed. I would also like to remove the capacitor from the system as I'm not a fan of it. I've looked around google for days and have found tons of results for older years etc. Does anyone have any insight on finding one? Also, what amperage/wattage output do would you recommend?

Thanks in advance for any insight provided!
jerryb1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2019, 05:23 PM   #2
Drgnslayr
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 440547

I have a very similar question but not seeing it answered and can't make new posts yet. Any ideas on what our options are?
Drgnslayr is offline   Reply With Quote