Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday September 21, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-17-2019, 11:45 AM   #1
Tjhowey91
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 506448
Exclamation 2011 2.5i Premium Impreza electrical/running

Hey all!
I have a 2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5 I premium with 133,300 miles, that will not start unless it is jumped however sometimes it won't start if it's being jumped.

After I get it started I can drive a hundred feet down the road and my dash lights start flickering and then my RPM goes down to zero and then back up and the radio flickers on and off multiple times.

When I open up the door the cargo light turns on but when I put my key in the ignition everything cuts off and the dash lights flicker that's where I figure I would try and jump start my car sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't work right away however there is a recall on the brake lamp switch will that fix this problem?
Tjhowey91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2019, 11:58 AM   #2
Fndragn
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 470845
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2011 Sti
DGM

No idea if the backup recall will fix your issues, I doubt it though. Id start by looking for bad wiring under the hood. Maybe caused by a rodent of some sort. If all looks good there I’d try to locate some ground wires to make sure they are all still in tact.
Fndragn is offline   Reply With Quote