Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday September 21, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-11-2019, 02:55 PM   #1
AeoBP
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 500237
Default 4pot brake issues

I recently bought a 2000 Legacy GTB imported from Japan with 4 pot Subaru calipers.

I went to throw on new pads/rotors but, they aren't quite right. The pads sit 3mm too far up making the pad sit incorrectly on the rotor causing the pads to overhang. I noticed the old pads had less braking material on the top of the pad and compared them to the pads on my Nissan which are identical to new ones.

Both new and old pads sit 3mm away from the braking surface closest to the hat making me think the new ones would be a better fit, IF, they weren't off the edge of the rotor.

I have been searching for months and the only things I've come across are a thread with the same issue but no resolve; and that certain pad brands are missing the material on top.
If I were to get those, I would still be missing contact on the inner part of the rotor though.

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

AeoBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links