Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday July 11, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 06-14-2020, 02:06 PM   #1
SlowWRX_Owner11
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 513611
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Impreza
Dark Gray Metallic

Default Crank but no start after an ecu reflash or remap

Hey guys, My 2011 WRX Impreza (Premium) is having some issues,

Before everyone asks, here's what's done to the car:
Cobb SF intake
Invidia divorced catless downpipe
Cobb Catbacks
(I'm assuming Cobb) Short throw shift kit
Cobb Accessport

Now the car was running just fine before I bought the car, ran fine for about 2 months and then I realized I was under boosting and had to run the HWG version of the OTS Stage 1+ SF intake 91oct/93Ron mtv331. Then I bought a pop tune from iaTUNING. I think that's where my problems started to happen, not 100% sure though. Keep in mine I'm only having these problems when the car is up to operating temps and I've been driving for a bit. I'll get somewhere (store, gas station, etc..) shut the car off run inside and come back out and the car doesn't seem to want to start. It'll crank for as long as you hold the key, but no start. I'm stumped, and to be honest p'd off. I ran the Stage 2+ SF intake (normal waste gate) ran fine, thought I had all the bugs out decided to flash the pop tune on there, started first try ran a couple errands and then it decided it wasn't going to start. When I flashed the pop tune onto the car (per tuners instructions) used the Stage 1+ SF pop tune as the reflash and then for realtime used the Stage 2+ SF map.
SlowWRX_Owner11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2020, 11:22 AM   #2
shadowsports
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 446364
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
'17 STI LMT '08 LGT
DGM / QSM

Good morning, You can do as you wish, but I wouldn't run reflash and realtime maps from different vendors.

Might work 99.9% of the time, but not in this case, or so it seems. Is this a DD. If so, it needs to be reliable 100% of the time.

You have standard mods. COBB maps are certainly conservative, but also pretty reliable. Do they have some feedback knock, sure.

This could be something as simple as using different versions of ATR between the pop map and the COBB map.

Why not use a reflash map that supports your mods?
Pay for it.
A realtime map is great for testing, a day at the track, etc, but why do this if the fallback is a stage1+ that doesn't support your mods properly.

If it were me, I'd try and be consistent.

Last edited by shadowsports; 06-15-2020 at 11:35 AM.
shadowsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 11:28 AM   #3
SlowWRX_Owner11
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 513611
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Impreza
Dark Gray Metallic

Okay so it seems I might have fixed the problem (at least for now) for real-time flash Iím running cobbs stage 2+ sf intake and for reflash Iím running pop 2 they gave me 3 versions of the pop tune so 1 is quiet 3 is the loudest, this problem only seems to happen on pop 3 something might be funky with that one Iím not sure. Thought the life of this car fingers crossed, knock on wood, I havenít had any knock so far. Yesterday I flashed the pop 2 along with the stage 2+ let it run for about 10 min and then drove around town for a good 1.5-2 hours. But if you have any other solutions or recommendations for Protuners please let me know, especially with the catless dp id like to Protuner the car soon.
SlowWRX_Owner11 is offline   Reply With Quote