Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday November 12, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 10-09-2019, 07:51 PM   #1
the_real_subie
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 507239
Default Misfires on all cylinders, plus p0102 & p0113 codes

Hey guys, I am new to the forums although I have been searching on nasioc many times in the past, I hope I am posting this in the correct spot. I have searched around similar posts but have not yet came across anything yet like the issue I have run into, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

About a week ago I started getting a misfire on cylinder 3, throwing a code p0303. The car was running terrible to the point where it was not able to be driven, and the idle was very rough. Shortly afterwards, I tried to start the car up again and at first was idling fine, but did the same thing. Only this time throwing codes p0102 (mass or volume air flow circuit low input) and p0113 (Intake air temp circuit high input). So I have tried checking electrical connections to the maf sensor and everything appeared to be plugged in and secure with no bent pins, and I removed the maf as well and the little sensors inside did not seem to be dirty either, they were still white. I also cleaned the air filter because it was very dirty and why not.

After changing the spark plugs (which needed to be done anyways and were sitting around the house) and inspecting the ignition coils/coil packs which appeared normal, she started right up like normal. But yet again the misfires returned, yet this time throwing codes for misfires on all cylinders p0301, p0302, p0303, p0304.

Any insight on what to look into next would be great, I would think the misfires have to be related to the p0102 and p0113 codes, I am just currently at a loss where the issue is coming from.

Car: 2011 WRX sedan with 115,000 miles

Mods:
- Cobb accessport v3 on the stage 1+ sf 91 octane tune
- Cobb SF short ram intake
- Nameless performance axle back exhaust
*All mods have been on the car for the past 3 years with no issues prior*
the_real_subie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2019, 06:29 PM   #2
carlitoswhey9756
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 505874

I hate to be that guy, and I definitely don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but you may be looking at some early symptoms of a spun bearing.

All the symptoms you have noted were very similar to the codes I had on my AP when my 2015 STi had a spun bearing. Specifically (the codes that popped up on my AP) went as follows:
-P000D
-P0014
-P0024
-P0303
-PFFFE

If I were you, I wouldn't even bother starting the car, and take it to a mechanic as soon as possible. When its idling, open the hood if you want to confirm and listen for a faint screeching/squeaking sound coming from the bay. This is confirmation that you may be looking at spun bearing, or worse yet, a cracked case halve/head.

Check your oil as well. If it is running extremely low and dark in color you're most definitely due for a visit to the mechanic.

I hope it isn't any of this, as I had a nightmare experience with my 2015 at 70k Miles that I wouldn't wish on anyone. Unfortunately its the nature of the cars we own.

PS. Get a pro-tune. The OTS maps on the AP are complete garbage compared to what a reputable tuner will do for your car. It's not a marginal difference, it'll be a brand new car.

I wish you the best of luck.
carlitoswhey9756 is offline   Reply With Quote