Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday October 15, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2008, 09:57 PM   #1
Dasani
Top Scoob 005

Member#: 58098
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
10.4 @ 137.46mph
Cosworth, TSR70, MZM Tune

I wanted to gather all these posts and pictures together for some time and compile a journal so they would all be in one place and easy to find.

-Dasani

A little bit of history - I usually do the work myself on my own projects and below are two examples.

This is a street Mustang that ran 8.66 at 162mph and it was powered by a stroked 5.0 liter and Vortech supercharger. It was truly a street car - I campaigned it in the True Street class where the rules required you to drive 50 miles and then make 3 back-to-back passes, who ever had the fastest average of the 3 passes was the winner. The rules only allowed for a rear tire change after the 50 mile trip - no changes to anything else; no adding fuel, no raising the hood, no cooling down, etc. I was the True Street National Champion for 3 consecutive years in the mid 1990's with it. I also won a few Fun Ford Street Outlaw races and a couple of the Muscle Mustangs Magazine Shootouts during that time.

The 1989 Ford Mustang LX:

I was burnt out after spending 4 years criss-crossing the states while racing the Mustang, so I sold it along with my Saleen Mustang, and bought an S10. I swore to myself that I wouldn't modify the S10, but after about 6 months, I started swapping out the 4.3 liter V6 for a 5.7 liter LT4 V8 from a Corvette. The LT4 was modified with the usual hot rod gadgets - ported heads, bigger valves, cam, etc. The truck was great fun and I ending up running 11.50's with it while hazing the rear tires the entire quarter mile.

The 1999 Chevrolet S10 Xtreme:

I sold the S10 because it basically stayed in the garage - the last year I had it I only put 700 miles on it.

Last edited by Dasani; 06-27-2008 at 10:19 PM.
Dasani is offline   Reply With Quote